All About N-Gage - Next Generation Ready

Old 21-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
AMF Pinbusters Bowling for N-Gage unveiled

A totally unannounced new game has appeared in the N-Gage.com "coming soon" section: AMF Pinbusters is a ten-pin-bowling simulator which will feature online Arena multiplayer. You can see screenshots on the publisher Vir2l's website. In case you're wondering where you've heard the name before, Vir2l are the same people who did Elder Scrolls Shadowkey for the first gen N-Gage. (via the N-Gage Arena Forums)

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Administrator

I think Nokia should do more untrailed announcements like this, everyone enjoys a nice surprise.

Even better than this though would be if they released games without announcing them, so that everyone would be kept on their toes wondering what will come next.

Old 21-05-2009, 01:26 AM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
i love getting surprised especially when its a multiplayer game announced
it seems that ducati moto is coming soon also as its in ngage section on the publishers site but no official word yet.

Last edited by ccraig; 21-05-2009 at 04:49 AM.

Old 21-05-2009, 04:55 PM

powerbacon is on a distinguished road
woooo i dont think this is a good move, tzer2...
we all know the hype that Worms did, a year ago... we (n-gage players) all want to see what is Yamake, because its on showroom for a long time now... and we all want to see how Dance Fabulous is... when they told us that in June 11 we will have Dance Fabulous.. i really want it! when i saw that mobi site of Dance Fabulous... i want it more! PocketGamer released yesterday a preview about Mega Monsters... and i want it more more and more! i guarantee you that if they had make some advertise about Fifa 09 when it was released, they had faced better sales... but... one day... plim! the game is out! how?! i wasnt expecting this! "this is not fair!" this was my feeling... i want to know whats coming up and what to expect from the games... i think Nokia and all third party publishers are doing it reeeally wrong, like what they are doing with The Big Roll, the next game from Infinite Dreams... they need to fullfill n-gage showroom with all previews, screenshots, comments from directors and developers, all the hype they can do... and believe me... this is not hard to do and not expensive at all (if not no-cost!)
Our surprise needs to be the new developer is entering on n-gage lineup... not "omg! today we have Fifa09!!! how?!"
Hope soon fishlabs post something new about its games... =]

Old 21-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
we all know the hype that Worms did, a year ago..
...but just imagine what it would have been like if Worms had been out instead of just announced. Everyone would have gone bananas on the Arena forums, rushing to download it as soon as they could.

Of course with Worms it's out of Nokia's hands because it's a third party game that belongs to THQ, so they would decide when it was released.

Old 21-05-2009, 10:35 PM

powerbacon is on a distinguished road
ok, let me give a better example, since Worms everyone knew everything about even before it was announced...
imagine if... Firemint never told us about Real Racing... will you expect something like that coming from nothing?! will you really had give a chance? the game isnt out, but everyone knows about how great it graphic is... but if they simply release the game without any advertise, you think it would be the same?

Old 22-05-2009, 12:36 AM

ngreatshark is on a distinguished road
I somewhat agree with powerbacon. I think a little hype or buzz about a game beforehand gives gamers a sense that an upcoming game is actually going to be something worth waiting for. I think alot of people feel like, if they are already talking about this game then it's probably gonna be pretty good. If the developer is announcing it a bit before it is released, then it must be a game the developer feels really confident about. But then the game carries the task of living up to the expectation, and the first negative review that comes out about it can spell doom.

When a game is just released with no fan fare, it might a gamer the impression that the developer just said " Well, let's jut put this out there and hope for the best", as if they aren't as confident about the overall product and hopefully a few curious indiviuals buy it before everybody realizes that it isn't all that great. Like the myriad of games nobody has heard of that you see floating around in bargain bins.

This game looks interesting. Bowling games are a tough racket. Most people who own a cell phone probably have some generic bowling game installed on it, the core mechanics of bowling are pretty monotonous, and once you find that "sweet spot" there really isn't much of a challenge to be had. But the presentation looks pretty fun judging by the screen shots, and I think online multiplayer could be a saving grace for this game.

Old 22-05-2009, 11:19 AM

Kazutoyo is on a distinguished road
Lovely, I wanna play Ducati Moto and the DS trailer looks like it's a fun motorcycle game.

Seeing how Vir2L make stuff for the new N-Gage, I sure hope they will port their The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey game from the old N-Gage. (while giving it a longer viewing distance and a better ingame map)

Funny thing, I actually did e-mail Vir2L about porting Ducati Moto to the N-Gage, 10 months ago :smileytongue: Recived a standard e-mail saying "not planned at this time, thanks for your feedback" thing.

Last edited by Kazutoyo; 22-05-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Old 23-05-2009, 02:23 PM

ngreatshark is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that's a good idea. They should port Shadowkey over to the new N-gage, with improved draw distance, & better frame rate that would be a huge addition to the current gen lineup
Ads

Old 14-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Thank you, I think there are a lot of users often when in charge to leave her cell phone, in fact this will be very easy to hurt mobile life, because in charging process, cell phone circuit board will fever, at this time if there is foreign phone, may produce instant return current, the mobile phone internal damage parts