All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-05-2009, 10:46 AM

UKJeeper is on a distinguished road
I8910 is out on the shelf at Orange!

Just saw it on display at the Orange shop in Chelmsford high street. I asked them if its actually 'out' or on pre-order. They have them in the storeroom for sale now!

Free on 24 month contract for plans 39.15 and above.

Last edited by UKJeeper; 19-05-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Old 20-05-2009, 12:21 AM

i8910hd is on a distinguished road
Talking Had mine since 16th May

Hi ya,

Expect you can tell by my forum name what phone I've got.
Have been on it every day since, developing my knowledge of it.
Got it on Orange contract. Seems really cool. However have had some issue, much of which is now resolved - funny when you contact Orange helpdesk and they have no documentation for it though .
Past few days have been pretty lonely, as want to talk to someone else who has one, so can compare what apps do work and which ones don't.
Also there is a problem if you have ever had a Nokia device on your PC and Samsungs software. But there is a solution which seems to work so don't despair.
Have posted a couple of vids made with it on YouTube, but their compression does not do its quality justice. Divx Films are awesome. Samsungs new film rental site in UK is now up and running (as of yesterday) - aimed at this phone. So looks like demand is going to be really big....http://movies.uk.samsungmobile.com/
Accuweather and Viewranger software works well on this phone.

Peter

Old 20-05-2009, 01:57 AM

gerizafa is on a distinguished road
i8910 vids

Hey! I'm totally stoked to see some vids from this phone. So, could I make some requests

1) What is the address of your account on youtube so we can all quickly see your videos?

2) Could you do a video with (a) slow pan (b) medium panning (c) quick panning, so we can see how the camera handles different movement speeds?

3) Okay, so this is the last one. How long does it take to start up the video recorder? For example, you're hangin out and you see something really cool, so you whip out your phone to record it. Does it take 10 seconds (like the e90) or can you do it faster?

Thanks a ton!
Gery

Old 20-05-2009, 02:35 PM

kenlbr549 is on a distinguished road
Omnia HD in US ?

Can anyone tell me if and when this handset will be out in the US ?
We are waiting!

Old 22-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Theojt is on a distinguished road
I8910HD:

Everyone talk about multimedia on this phone buit I would really like to know about the voice quality. One review said it wasn't that great. What is your experience ?

Thanks!

Old 29-05-2009, 03:43 AM

scoopex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theojt View Post
I8910HD:

Everyone talk about multimedia on this phone buit I would really like to know about the voice quality. One review said it wasn't that great. What is your experience ?

Thanks!
The voice quality when recording in HD and all the other resolutions is basically rubbish and if Samsung dont fix the issue rather soon they will find a lot of phones being returned to them mine included.
Ads

Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 PM

abadassbiker is on a distinguished road
video

people are asking about the video, visually stunning and audio in the hd mode is not noticeably bad on people voices in fact it sounds as you would expect from nokia but no doubt if you was recording any music from then you would notice low sample rate and compression, but take note as you then go down a setting on video resolution the audio gets a higher data and sample rate then down a setting further and your on n95 max video settings i own a acoustic sound studio with reference monitors i will do a few tests in the near future .

Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 AM

EricSeale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlbr549 View Post
Can anyone tell me if and when this handset will be out in the US ?
We are waiting!
If you'd like the i8910 in the States I'd suggest telling Samsung. I did. Otherwise we'll end up in greymarket status with no warranty. Like the innov8.

http://www.samsung.com/us/info/contactus.html