I am currently experiencing something unusual with my Nokia N85 and Windows Media Player 11 (Windows XP SP3). I was hoping someone could help me out with a solution (hopefully it's just something silly I'm doing).
1. I connect my PC (USB connection - PC Suite USB mode) to my Nokia N85.
2. I open Windows Media Player 11 (WMP) and drag-and-drop my playlist to my N85 and hit sync. All good - MP3's and playlist is copied across fine.
3. I disconnect my N85 and refresh the library. Listen to music all fine.
4. I then update some artwork on one of my MP3's.
5. I then re-do (above) #1
6. I open WMP, drag-and-drop the same playlist to my N85 and sync again. The MP3's with new artwork are re-synchronised to the N85.
7. I then disconnect my N85. I refresh my library - however upon further investigation my N85 now has duplicates of the same song (one with the old album artwork and one with the new) in the same folder (differentiated by "(2)"). This is confirmed by using the N85's File Manager and through Windows Explorer (on the PC).
I would have expected the N85 to be intelligent enough to override the version on the phone?
As a result, whenever I update the MP3's in such a way, I'll get duplicates through this way. Any advice?
NB; I'm using the latest N85 firmware. I've checked the playlists (on the PC), there are no duplicates.