All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 AM

whitsey is on a distinguished road
Cannot create Bluetooth com/serial port connection to Nokia N95

I want to use my Bluetooth connection between my laptop and Nokia N95 to initiate a data connection to the internet. The connection works fine when I plug in the N95 via USB (and used to work fine via Bluetooth before I restored Factory Settings on the phone)

When I pair my Laptop with the N95 phone using Bluetooth I get an error message: No available COM ports.

Then from the laptop, when I try to create a Bluetooth Serial Port, I get the following error: The remote device closed the connection

And then another errer: service not found

And whenever I try to create a 'Data Transfer' connection I get the following error: Error creating 'Data Transfer' connection with device 'N95'

If i try to use One Touch Access to connect to the Internet, it works fine via USB however it always times out if I try to use the Bluetooth modem: could not connect to device.

How can I enable COM port connections to my N95 or an even simpler question - What do I need to do to get One Touch Access to use the Bluetooth connection to connect to the internet?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 AM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
in nokia pc suite you just gotta go into settings and set up the bluetooth tether connection rather than USB connection. it should have found and installed all the drivers automatically when you first installed pc suite.

or you gotta go into your computer's bluetooth settings and screw around with com ports and whatnot. just keep trying, you will get it. cause i tether my lalptop to my phone via bluetooth daily to use the internet, and it works fine. long ago i had similar problems that you are having, but i just had to keep creating the new bluetooth tether connection until i eventually got the settings right.
Ads