All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Mega Monsters announced for N-Gage

A new exclusive title Mega Monsters has been announced for the N-Gage platform, published by Nokia and developed by Firemint. The game involves controlling B-movie monsters stomping round a city tearing up the buildings, and it sounds a lot like a 3D version of the 1980s classic Rampage. The game includes pre-built levels, a map editor for creating your own cities, and lets you use your own photos as posters in the city. The full press release is below.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Looks quite fun, hopefully they'll publish some more info about it soon.

Old 14-11-2008, 04:15 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
sound's promising i cant wait to see some game play footage or a trailer.
nokia seem to be pushing hard the ability to use your own multimedia content in games i've noticed

yamake ,dance fabulous , & now monster mash they all give us the ability to use our own content in the game to some extent which is cool allowing us to use different things personal to ourselvess on our device

Old 14-11-2008, 06:17 PM

argh is on a distinguished road
I want to see Firemint release Real Racing!

Old 14-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Argh, I was thinking that myself! :-)

It even says on Firemint's website that they're looking for a publisher for that game.

Asphalt 3 is one of the best selling games on N-Gage, so there's clearly a market for racers on the platform.

Old 14-11-2008, 07:29 PM

sandy_1988 is on a distinguished road
Real Racing would have been awesome. BTW, I think, you are missing out a fact. Mega Monsters is the game which won the International Mobile Gaming Award in 'Excellence in 3D' category in 2006.
Ads

Old 14-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Sandy, I did have a feeling Firemint had mentioned Mega Monsters before. However looking on their website now there's absolutely no trace of it in the games section:

http://www.firemint.com/projects.htm

Presumably the game won the award but wasn't actually published, which is the case with Real Racing too.

It's odd that they would remove any mention of it from their site though.

Quote:
Real Racing would have been awesome
It still could be, the Firemint site says they've done a Symbian version (so it would be ready-made for N-Gage) and they're looking for a publisher. This would be an ideal chance for Nokia to give us a first party racing game to compete with Asphalt.

Old 18-11-2008, 01:50 AM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
Lol, Tzer2, I know you said why, but it does look a bit funny when you post something and then immediately comment on it yourself. I think you could easily identify even in your news stories what your personal thoughts as a journalist are.

Having said that: yes, the game does look quite fun.

Old 18-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Administrator

I know it looks funny, I just honestly don't like adding really personal and unsupported opinions into actual news items.

Maybe I should use a different username for posting my opinions? :-) I don't know if I want to keep logging in and out though...

Old 24-11-2008, 01:18 AM

firemint is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Mega Monsters and Real Racing info

Hi all, I thought I'd clear up some of the mystery - we had a bit of information about Mega Monsters on our site until a few days before the announcement. We took it down so that when the announcement was made, we could replace it with the new information. I was going to post the link but I'm not allowed until I have made 10 posts - if you go to our website at firemint dot com you'll see a link on our home page. It's the same game that won the IMG Award (when it was a demo) and we've been developing it into a full game since then.

We're also working full steam ahead on our other Real Racing, we've had no shortage of interest in it so don't worry, it's on its way

If anyone would like to get some occasional brief email updates from Firemint (including announcements about upcoming games), you can sign up on our site from the Contact page.

Thanks everyone, it's great to hear you're looking forward to Mega Monsters and Real Racing!

Alex
(Office Manager, Firemint)

Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM

boxieblue is on a distinguished road
ohh boy! Firemint developing a game for N-Gage! i am excited! but hasnt this been taking too long? or am i just too impatient? lol