All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-11-2008, 10:22 PM

asdfgh123456 is on a distinguished road
Mail for exchange: Memory full. Close some applications and try again.

I get the above error message when I try to send e-mail (using M4E, latest and greatest version 2.7). Same happens if I try to save my freshly written message in Drafts. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm replying to a message or creating a new message.

Obviously, I've checked the available memory - bucket loads free, both in Phone Memory and on the Memory Card. Tried reinstalling, rebooting lots of time, had it installed both in phone memory and in memory card (at different times, of course).. No joy. Anyone came across this problem? Help!
RM-346

Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM

chucky.egg is on a distinguished road
That's storage you're checking, not memory (think disc vs RAM in a PC)

I'm sure I saw a freeware RAM analyser thing on the Symbian Freeware mobi site the other day. You might have some app eating your RAM up

Old 08-11-2008, 03:54 AM

asdfgh123456 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, that's what I thought too ("RAM" vs "storage"), but I have absolutely nothing else running. I even tried switching off the active screen. Plus, I would imagine that "RAM" uses available space from phone memory, of which there is plenty. And I'm thinking - if there is a memory leak of some sort, it shouldn't happen straight after boot up though. Maybe it's the M4E itself eating up the RAM..

This also happens after I removed all apps from my phone - I did a "clean" reinstall by formatting the phone (think command was *#7370# or something similar) and formatted my memory card..

Hmmmm.. it seems I'm the only one with this problem. Maybe I just have a faulty phone. Can't think of anything else as I have the one and only version of firmware available for E71. So if other people using M4E have the same spec phone, then it's got to be something with my phone.. Please mail me the link for RAM Analyser if you come across it. And what readings for RAM use do you get on your phone?
RM-346

Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 AM

eshin420 is on a distinguished road
exact same problem for me

i've done the same things with the factory reset and gotten the same error with MFE as the only installed application on my phone.

what version MFE and phone software are you running (when in the MFE status page go to options and about to find this info)? my versions are - MFE: 2.07.000 & Phone Software Version: 100.07.7608-06. i wouldn't think that its a phone software issue since there have been no firmware updates, but i know several other people who are using MFE without the same issue either, so maybe its a hardware issue with the phone? your guess is as good as mine.

i'm going to try and call nokia tech support or stop in at the nokia store near me this weekend or by early next week. will let you know what i hear, do the same for me if you get any help. this lack of email/calendar/contacts is killing me.

Old 17-01-2009, 07:51 AM

macx979. is on a distinguished road
same issue here. I have about 1500 mails in my inbox. I suppose that's the reason for the enormous ram usage.
any solutions so far? for me this looks like the app isn't programmed very well.

Old 18-01-2009, 01:08 PM

jorang is on a distinguished road
Try Handy Taskman (www.epocware.com)
It has a 2 weeks trial period. In this app you can clearly see this.

I have experienced a very simiar problem, but not with MfE. My company uses mSuite for Lotus Notes syncing.

I found the problem was a combination of:
- storing messages and attachements in phone memory, and not on the card
- continous logging which did not erase old registations and resulted in a huge folder (seems to remember it was on drive C)

You should be able to see if one of the drives i full i Taskman, but to fix it you would need a proper file manager too as built in does not show ie hidden files.

I would recommend Xplorer. It isn't free, but in my opinion the best.
There ia also a free alternative available: Y-browser.

Old 18-01-2009, 11:47 PM

macx979. is on a distinguished road
hey,

i installed the trial version of Roadsync and so far there aren't issues like that any more even with all my mails in the folder. For me Roadsync seems to be more professional than mail for exchange due to existing folder support or syncing profil pics.

with mail for exchange I had enough free memory. 60 something MB. Sadly it looks like mail for exchange still has a long way to go to become a good tool.

There is already one thing which is not that comfortable with Roadsync in comparison with a WM6 device. Searching in my mails take about 1 minute to display results. WM6 just takes several seconds.

But anyway, I keep on testing Roadsync. If somebody's interested in my results, let me know.

Old 13-02-2009, 02:28 AM

cmeisel is on a distinguished road
same error message

I got the same error message today and now I seem unable to send mails :(
I have no applications installed and tons of space, ram and a memroy card also so this must be a bug.
any solutions ? I tried roadsync but I HATE it. It syncs mails better but the problems I found were worst.

1. no ability to click on url's that are mailed to me unless people type http with the address.

2. no way (that I found) to sae addresses from a mail right to my contacts. on mfe they get highlighted and I can save them to the contacts. this is a must have for me

Old 22-02-2009, 01:59 PM

WilliamCB is on a distinguished road
Workaround

I have had the same problem. I have installed MfE but hardly use it. Rather, in my case, I think the problem stems from the built in email app. I get the error message when I click the messaging button, which should take me to an IMAP account I use. This has over 2000 messages in the in box.

The work around is to go Menu > Communications > Messaging, which seems to work fine.

Old 24-02-2009, 01:05 PM

DervMan is on a distinguished road
I've had this problem on and off on my E71; lots of memory as reported by a task manager, problems working with MfE. The most reliable solution for me was to remove lots of messages - keeping the number under around 300 in total. That has resolved all of my issues.

It isn't perfect, but at least I get to see the latest emails... for my Gmail I can use the GoogleMail application to search. For work, meh; I wait until I'm in the office or have copied it across to another application anyway...

Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 PM

seby79 is on a distinguished road
Mail for exchange: Memory full. Close some applications and try again.

I've have configured Gmail account on my Nokia E51 and today I've received the same error message: Memory full. Close some applications and try again! The funny is that I've changed in the settings of the messages that all the message get stored on the memory card (2Gb) - the all the emails from the Gmail account are not bigger that 750 Mb. After I deleted one message from the Gmail account on the web, I was able to get into the Gmail account on the phone. Right now I am expecting the next email into my Gmail account to see if I'm going to receive the same error message.
Ads

Old 21-11-2009, 03:38 PM

glowbones is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up memory full. close some applications and try again later

Thanks for everyone's comments. I've had this problem for a few weeks with my e71 and I've just managed to fix it. I have the nokia messaging app so I did the following:

1) go to messaging>mailbox(hotmail/gmail/whatever you're using) and then delete it completely. Obviously because my emails are pushed through automaticaly I had no need for this anyway.

If you dont use the nokia email app I suggest you get it. It's free and much better than the one that comes preloaded:

http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

2) Go through your emails sort them by size/attachment. This nables you to see which ones are taking up the most space and delete them.

Hopefully that should work!

Good luck

Old 22-11-2009, 09:16 AM

J.Fo is on a distinguished road
email app

Thanks gb - I followed your suggestion, downloaded the Nokia email app and it appears to have resolved the issue for me. Do you happen to know what the app costs and how long the trial period lasts? Hoping I don't have to pay for it just to resolve the memory problem.

Old 27-03-2010, 10:30 PM

praveentalwar is on a distinguished road
E71 Veerrrryyyyy slow - RESOLVED

I had the same frustratingly slow performance issues rendering the phone almost un-usable other than voice calls. Every thing that required to go to menu and load something was just **bleep** slow.

I however resolved all issues by changing the messaging settings to use memory card for emails instead of phone memory.

Do the following and instantly your phone will come alive again.

Menu - Communications - Messaging - Mail for Exchange - Settings - Other - Memory in Use - Memory Card

Do the same for other mail accounts.

MAGIC !!!

Old 27-03-2010, 10:31 PM

praveentalwar is on a distinguished road
E71 - Veerrryyyyy Slow - RESOLVED

I had the same frustratingly slow performance issues rendering the phone almost un-usable other than voice calls. Every thing that required to go to menu and load something was just **bleep** slow.

I however resolved all issues by changing the messaging settings to use memory card for emails instead of phone memory.

Do the following and instantly your phone will come alive again.

Menu - Communications - Messaging - Mail for Exchange - Settings - Other - Memory in Use - Memory Card

Do the same for other mail accounts.

MAGIC !!!