Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped my most prized possession in the toilet. After putting it in a bowl of rice and leaving it in the microwave, the phone thankfully continued to function. However, one major problem remains. The mass memory isn't always recognized and goes in/out. When I can access the memory, everything that's on it works perfectly. Eventually, I get a box that says "Closing Applications" and then "Remove Memory Card and Press OK." Then, poof, my mass memory is no longer there.
What do you guys recommend in remedying this situation? Are there any steps/procedures I can take to try to bring the mass memory back to stable conditions? I have already reflashed the firmware using Nokia Software Updater. I have both soft and hard reset the phone. I have reformatted the mass memory when it randomly appears. No luck.
My Phone: N95-4 8GB
Nokia N95 (A6.02)
I certainly did not turn the microwave on! That would be plain stupid if anybody did that. I have heard that the humidity in a microwave (without turning it on) helps phones with water damage! It was either the microwave, rice, or a combination of both that brought it back to life. I am thankful for it functioning, but it's pointless to own an N95 8GB without the mass memory. Maybe this is an excuse to purchase the N85 or N96...
The best way to treat a phone that's been dropped in the toilet or the sea is to immediately remove the battery to prevent any electrolytic action starting and wash the phone in distilled water if possible and then dry it out for a couple of days before replacing the battery.
It is essential to get it clean and dry before re inserting the battery.