All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 PM

Fallenhero is on a distinguished road
Angry wifi and cost

Hi been using my P1i to connect to the internet...i installed opera browser put the APN setting in....ect..works fine...when connecting to wifi on home network using wifi even shows me that its using it...the thing is i know its connecting to my home wifi...but i still gettin charged by mobile company for web and wap charges....is opera using my wifi but using the t mobile gateway sort of speakin so i still gettin charged?? any help....oh i know now that the startard browser on the P1i is Opera..so i didnt have to install it in the first place...anyway my questions....

1.What the causes of charges..
2.If it is the installed opera i put on..would the standard one on phone work better with wifi
3.If not...anyone know of a browser that can be used just with wifi and not used any data or get charged for it

thanks....i not using my internet on phone till i know...its doing my head tho..thinking ..ahh using wifi wont get charged....Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 13-10-2008, 02:17 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
If Opera is using your Wi-Fi access point, then no operator charges should be occurring. Not a single bit should be going to/through T-Mobile in that case.

Are you using the "full" Opera Mobile, or Opera Mini?
Ads