All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM

meirionwyllt is on a distinguished road
My phone won't turn on when I press power button

OK, first of all, I've tried to search for an answer on the form but all the words I use are apparently "too common".

I can't get my phone turned on, although the battery is fine (I have three of them) and so is the charger (I have two). When I turn on there is nothing on the screen, no blue light, nothing.

It charger OK, it beeps when the charger is inserted, the battery symbol on the top-right appear to show the battery increasing in charge and then it repeats that (like normal), but nothing when I try turning it on.

The problem started a few weeks ago when it wouldn't turn on. Then I took the battery out and tried it again and it worked. Then a week after that I had to take my battery out 3 or 4 times before it would work. Now not even that.

I believe the actual button on the PCB itself is ok, cause it still click when you press as you would expect.

Any ideas guys??

Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 PM

meirionwyllt is on a distinguished road
Forgot to say, I've also tried taking the memory card out. Still doesn't work :-(
Ads

Old 18-04-2009, 10:22 PM

sTUNNA is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem with mine. I realized the power button wasn't working a couple months ago. The button itself doesn't work, so I had to go into the settings to change the Profile. It was working up until a couple days ago when my battery died, so now I can't get it to start. I want to know where I can take it to get it fixed here in the US. I bought it off eBay a couple years ago, and I still have contacts saved on it. I have read some comments online, about people who have the same problem. Some say the power button wire connection has oxidized from moisture.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM

humantorch_92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meirionwyllt View Post
OK, first of all, I've tried to search for an answer on the form but all the words I use are apparently "too common".

I can't get my phone turned on, although the battery is fine (I have three of them) and so is the charger (I have two). When I turn on there is nothing on the screen, no blue light, nothing.

It charger OK, it beeps when the charger is inserted, the battery symbol on the top-right appear to show the battery increasing in charge and then it repeats that (like normal), but nothing when I try turning it on.

The problem started a few weeks ago when it wouldn't turn on. Then I took the battery out and tried it again and it worked. Then a week after that I had to take my battery out 3 or 4 times before it would work. Now not even that.

I believe the actual button on the PCB itself is ok, cause it still click when you press as you would expect.

Any ideas guys??
bro...i no this may sound a bit weird but...if u tried everything i mean EVERYTHING and nothin has worked....n ur soo desperate 2 switch it on.....just try this one....n i bet it will work for you too...pluck out the power button which is on the top of the fone, then you will find a silver button....the problem lies there....the silver thing is not able to conduct electricity with the other end....so wot i did was i remover the upper portion of that circle n touched it with a tip of my tongue (i know it sounds weird but saliva is a conductor or electricity) dnt worry u wont get electrocuted...but it will turn the mobile on....but remember the fone should be charged atleast for an hour before u do this....hope this helps.....