All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Is Nokia updating the N-Gage Feedback Forum any more?

The official N-Gage Feedback Forum site got a very positive reception when it launched, as it provided a way for fans of the platform to express their opinions directly to Nokia and vote on the best ideas. The site received its first official responses a week after it launched, with three ideas adopted or planned, and it seemed like a new phase in company-customer relations. But since then a month has passed without any further updates. Is anyone at Nokia still maintaining the site?

Read on in the full article.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Administrator

I think they've really got to get some updates on there (including accepted or rejected ideas) or people will lose confidence in the site itself. It will become counter-productive if N-Gage fans feel that Nokia isn't listening to them any more.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
tzer i think you need take votes back yourself once it gets planned or accepted
i already got mine back just click on the vote symbol what is displayed when u have votes in thread and alter it back to 0 to get your votes back
you can take votes back at any time but if you passionate about something best leave it until idea is accepted/planned

Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM

Tetlee is on a distinguished road
Funny you should open this thread Tzer2 as I had been thinking the exact same thing. I was very enthusisatic at the idea from Nokia for a feedback forum, but since the initial three responses it's almost as if Nokia have forgotten all about the forum(something that Nokia are very good at it seems).

I opened a thread suggesting closing & moving already accepted threads see here for this reason but with seeing how things have become there followed up a few days ago with the comment which I think sums it up:

Quote:
Seems to me this site has died a death now with exception the continous vote of the already accepted top couple of polls, perhaps it suits Nokia that way as they don't seem to be responding to any of the other issues which is a bit of a shame.
The feedback forum is becoming a forum for requesting "x" language to be added and nothing much more, they are the only polls that seem to get mass voting(still very suspitious about the reponse to those polls and think abuse is likely).

It's a sad fact but Nokia are a very secretive company and they don't seem to communicate much with their customers, I thought the feedback forum was a sign of change but sadly it appears I was wrong.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It's a sad fact but Nokia are a very secretive company and they don't seem to communicate much with their customers, I thought the feedback forum was a sign of change but sadly it appears I was wrong.
I think the reason for the secrecy is in another thread on AAN:

If Nokia tells us something is going to happen in advance, then delays it, people will see it's delayed. That's what happened with the N-Gage client.

If they don't tell us ANYTHING until it's ready, then it won't seem like anything is delayed. If they'd just suddenly released N-Gage on handsets it was ready for people wouldn't have seen any delay.

That's what Apple does for example, it doesn't really tell you about a product until it's on its way to the shops, which means people think it's superefficient when in fact it's just keeping all its delays hidden under a cloak of secrecy.

But if that's how Nokia wants to behave too they shouldn't have set up the Feedback Forum in the first place.

Quote:
tzer i think you need take votes back yourself once it gets planned or accepted
I know you can do that, but I don't think most people realise that, and in any case you are supposed to get the votes back automatically when something is marked as done.

Some of the problems on the feedback site are sheer laziness: they've already implemented Tetlee's suggestion about stopping anonymous voting but that suggestion is still marked as "planned". They ought to move it to "completed" so that its supporters get their votes back automatically.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Karl Long

we have not forgotton about you

Hi all,

I work at N-Gage in the product management group and I was one of the people that got the feedback forum up and running. I promise you it is not forgotten about, but some things have delayed us in getting it updated. The plan is to review the top ideas on a monthly basis and provide feedback at that time on where various features and suggestions are at. Our aim is to provide real feedback on the forum but we have to balance that with what we are able to share. Believe me, we want and value your feedback, which is why we started this and the blog in the first place.

Thanks for all of your participation, we really appreciate it,

Karl