All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-08-2008, 12:35 PM

jordy is on a distinguished road
Two more misc. questions :)

- can I pre-enable the speakerphone ("loudspeaker") ? Right now I have to wait until the call connects for that option to even show up on the lower-right ... but that means that dialing is not on the speakerphone and it means that if the party I am calling has call forwarding on, I have to wait an additional second or two before that dialog box goes away ...

So, is it possible to turn on loudspeaker prior to making the call ?

- GPS ... can I view GPS full screen ? And further, while I have figured out how to enter an address and see the map for that location, I have not figured out how to just "look at where I am now" ... how do I just see the current location and my current spot on a map, without entering any info ?

THanks again for all of your help.

Old 28-08-2008, 03:58 AM

msantoso is on a distinguished road
for the speakerphone, i don't think you can activate it before you make the call. i'm not sure if any 3rd party software is available to do it.

for GPS, to locate where you are currently, press Fn + 0, if your gps status is not locked, it will later move to your current location after it's locked.

for zoom and un-zoom, press Shift for zoom and Backspace for unzoom

i also would like nokia to remove the search field so that we can use the full screen for map viewing, why not search field appear as soon as we type.

Old 28-08-2008, 04:38 AM

Jer is on a distinguished road
I too am wishing I could go loudspeaker by default. I do have to admit that I'm SO glad that it's at least the right soft touch key because on my E70 that key was mute. So, not only did you have to wait for the call to connect but you had to hit Options, then scroll to loudspeaker then select. At least I'm down to one key now so that's nice.

As far as GPS, I really didn't like the pre loaded software so I downloaded and installed Google Maps and it seems to function much better. For some reason I get a weird error every now and then where it says too many connections and wants me to drop the connection of Google Maps from being connected to T-Zones. It seems to function fine after that so I don't know what the problem is. Minor inconvenience to have a better program though IMO.

Old 28-08-2008, 02:38 PM

jordy is on a distinguished road
Does google maps allow you to view in full screen ?

Thanks.

Old 28-08-2008, 03:32 PM

Jer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
Does google maps allow you to view in full screen ?

Thanks.
Not sure I understand full but it does take up my whole screen if that's what you mean. Give it a shot and see if that's what you were looking for.
Ads