All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 14-06-2008, 10:06 AM

JuhaN is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know when the Multimedia Transfer for Mac OSX will be upgraded to support S60 3rd edition FP2 -phones?? I would love to see the new Hi-Speed USB transfer speeds from iTunes to N78 (with at least 8GB microSDHC).

I hope it's soon as that is a deal breaker for me...

=)juha

Last edited by JuhaN; 14-06-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo

Old 14-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Better to use the proper terms, this is the first USB Hi-Speed compatible S6 device from Nokia. Earlier devices use Full speed.

http://www.usb.org/home
Thanks jukka - good point (and thanks for posting the correct terminology) - I have edited the review to use these terms.

Old 14-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Related to this - it does not work with iPlayer. This isn't really Nokia's fault - the BBC need to fix this
I know you're in the UK Rafe, but is it possible that the BBC have deliberately restricted access to iPlayer to reduce the chances of people outside the UK accessing it?

There's a lot of content on the BBC sites which they can't legally distribute outside Britain.

Quote:
this is the first USB Hi-Speed compatible S6 device from Nokia. Earlier devices use Full speed
You're right we should use the correct terms, but these are pretty confusing terms that the USB people have come up with!

:-)

It doesn't really make sense in english to talk about something being faster than "full speed", that's like having more than everything or going slower than stationary.
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets

Old 14-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Help!

Rafe or someone else with an N78, please help!

My biggest problem right now with this amazing little phone is Voice Commands over Bluetooth. I have a Motorola H12 and a Jawbone headset, with both of these when I press the button on the headset, the Voice Command software on the N78 launches as I would expect....however...

The input and output for the Voice Commands seems to come through the phone's speaker NOT the BT headset. This makes it pretty silly since you have to be holding the phone to issue commands and seems like an odd choice.

Can you please test this with your N78 and let met know if you have same experience? If there's a Nokia BT headset that you can use where the input/output of the Voice Command comes through the BT headset, I'll gladly buy it.

Thanks.

Old 15-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Tv-Out?

Hi, Has it tv-out?

So that you can view photos directly on tv?

Old 16-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Smile Copy&Paste

Hi Rafe,

i have 2 questions:

- is the N78 able to do copy&paste, like the n95 with its "pencil button"?

- Could you post a good sunny video at the N78's 15fps video capture mode? I have seen one, which was at night and two at daylight, during bad weather conditions. I'd be very pleased to see one in good weather condition.

By the way, love the all bout ymbian website and you video reviews. Keep on the good work

Old 16-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Sleep timer

Another Question:

Has the N78 a music sleep timer like the iPhone has? I love that feature and never explored it on any nokia device. Is there a chance to see such a great feature?

Old 23-06-2008, 01:02 PM

JuhaN is on a distinguished road
When can we have more parts of the N78 review?! I'm tempted to buy a new device and I'm really looking forward to hear more about the multimedia features and camera. Is it even a little bit better than my E90?!

=)juha
Ads

Old 17-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Unregistered

N78 OTA Firmware 12.046

Hey,

I have some issues with firmware 12.046
1) When on a call, if I press on "Loudspeaker", it says "handset activated" but loudspeaker itself is not activated.
2) The naviwheel is now INSENSITIVE , I have to circle a few times just for it to move one step to the next icon.

Do you have them too?

Old 22-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Fring

Some comments are saying voip cannot be used on the n78, after searching for skype software for the phone (which of course I did not find) I came across fring which I downloaded I then registered filled in my skype details and within minutes I was calling my brothers landline in Paris over my home wi-fi connection. I have no idea what sip is or any techie details but that was it no problems, cost about 40p from my skype out account for around 40 minutes conversation, calling my brother is about all I use it for, hope this was some help.
BrenB

Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Gprs

i have recieved settings from my provider and aftrer i saved them am still unable to connect to the net thru gprs. Thou when i use the nokia p.c suite it works jus fine bt i cant seem to browse on my 4ne I get the error massage that packet data is not available. Anyone help as my provider is unable to solve this problem

Old 28-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Goive

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you so much All about Symbian! Your reviews are the most helpful around! Not only are they the best written (apart from a few English language howlers here and there) but also they are definitely the most extensive and they cover the most ground!

You can count on me clicking on a few ads whenever I'm around here!

Old 28-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Goive

Thumbs up Thank you

Don't know if this got through last time - if it did apologies. I just wanted to thank Rafe and I'm sure the others for writing such good reviews and for being so honest when you don't get the terminology right! I know lots of technology bloggers (not mentioning names) who imagine that they never make mistakes.

I find these reviews of the smartphones very well written (apart from the occasional English language howler!) and hugely informative. A real deal-maker, this review has been!

Cheers.

-Goive

Old 20-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Unregistered

Ring tones

Although i set ring tones for different persons in the n78, whenever the phone rings it uses the default ring tone. how can i solve this problem?.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Unregistered

error in animation when camera shutter is pressed

When I buy my n78, animation camera works as usually. I don't know what I do but now animation camera don't works well. Animation rotation has changed become an error transition. But camera works well.

Can you help me?

Thanks