All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-06-2009, 07:50 PM

zaaroon is on a distinguished road
Hacking N78 ver 21.002

I own Nokia N78 and recently updated the firmware ver 21.002. Unfortunately I'm not able to access the applications and neither I can install any softwares games or N-gae games. Kindly help me in this way!

Old 28-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Dicoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaaroon View Post
I own Nokia N78 and recently updated the firmware ver 21.002. Unfortunately I'm not able to access the applications and neither I can install any softwares games or N-gae games. Kindly help me in this way!
you need to hack your n78, I had to make the same in mine after updating firmware 21.

Use opda forum to get the certificade and after use hellox 1.3 ! After instaling that you just need to certified every aplication with you .cer and .key !

and your rulling

Old 02-07-2009, 03:27 AM

santisanti is on a distinguished road
Hello Rafe, I am santi new user in the forum, I want to ask you how can I do to find information on how to unlock the FM transmitter for a Nokia N85, I have the problem that the first time I updatesd the applications, the Fm Transmitter disapperaed from my phone, thanks in advance, Santi

Old 30-07-2009, 12:50 PM

f300 is on a distinguished road
Ok, here's my question: I have set up gmail (pop3/smtp) with the default mail client. Everything works BUT I seem to have a problem in understanding and/or configuring how my inbox works. Again, keep in mind this is POP3 not IMAP and I set it to delete only locally the messages.
I also set up gmail to offer over pop3 only messages from a specific date (like yesterday) so there aren't thousands of headers to look for.

Now the problem is that I get the emails (either new or all) fine when I check for emails first but when I do it the 2nd time ALL the retrieved mails/headers are gone (the list is empty were I had before 2,5,20 emails)! It will stay empty until I receive the next completely new message.
Somehow related it seems that I can't do anything with the emails saved on the phone. I tried to do "select all" and then delete (it asks me if I should delete X emails) and then I choose yes and it does nothing. Of course this doesn't matter if I can't solve the first problem...

Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 AM

rafay50 is on a distinguished road
problem with my N78

[quote=Rafe;379625]If you have any questions about the Nokia N78 please let me know and I (or someone else) will do our best to get them answered.

Rafe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Rafe I recently updated my n78's firmware to 21.002 every thing worked fine I was easily able to download you tube app directly from my device's web browser and watch streaming videos .But I think after I hacked my phone with Hello Ox2 I wasn't able to download you tube app from my device and also I am not able to watch streaming videos.
Please any help in any form will be appreciated
please reply soon

rafaykhan720@hotmail.com

Old 15-10-2009, 01:26 PM

jcla is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N78 n-gage 1.40.1557 downgraded to 1.10.1345 after software update - 12.046 to 13.056

Everything worked fine with my N78, except minor RealPlayer issues, but after software update 12.046 to 13.056 N-Gage application won't launch games, won't uninstall old n-gage ones, won't install new n-gage trials. The phone's application manager still uninstalls other games (not n-gage) but with everything n-gage related it says "removing failed". The purchased games via GPRS/CSD/WAP Vodafone portal run normally like before. Whenever I launch N-Gage and try to run a game it tells me I need to update it or asks me to uninstall a n-gage game but fails the uninstall with "error -2". I downloaded a n-gage trial game via GPRS/CSD/WAP Vodafone but it failed to install with message "file corrupted" - that never happened before. These "error -2", "error -1" and "error -5" keep popping up with everything n-gage related. I did two backups of my personal data after emptying the memory card (music and videos) and checked all backup boxes on Ovi Suite 1.0 and 1.1 on my desktop and laptop machines (one computer has internet, the other doesn't). Then after the software update errors I restored one backup with Ovi Suite 1.1. As it failed to correct n-gage problem I re-updated the software to 13.056 with no luck of change. What should I do to bring back n-gage 1.40.1557? The installation (data/download) sis file won't install! Anyway, now I'm stuck with problem-popper n-gage 1.10.1345!

I once had NetQin free antivirus but didn't keep it too long. Now i've downloaded a newer version NetQin_P947_AV_S60OS90_v2.4.00.20_en.sisx but the phone keeps saying "file corrupted" and won't let me install. So the problem's deeper than just n-gage! (deep sigh...)
Also I've lost a n-gage game I had, acquired by a give-away code (by Nokia publishing). It is still in the phone but file manager reports it as having 2 KB, which can't be right, it had several MB. Is it a Symbian v60 3rd bug or a n-gage one?
Speed Dial is not able to "send service command" numbers 2 through 9 automatically (voicemail 1 still works), I have to do it manually in order to speed dialing (e.g.: "5" -> "options" -> "send service command" -> the number is dialled correctly (my own). Can I downgrade the software from 13.056 back to 12.046?

NOKIA'S Device update FAQ is quite clear:

"26. Can I undo the update or downgrade my Nokia device firmware?

No. Nokia devices and Nokia device firmware cannot be downgraded. Once you have upgraded your device, you will not be able to restore it to the earlier version."

Ok, I admit it, it is my own fault for believing mobile phone's software updates are really necessary. Why did I do it? RealPlayer issues made me do it, nothing else. Should I have done it? NO! The phone was almost perfect! (stupid me!)

Everything else works fine as ever.
Please help me! Thank you.

Old 18-10-2009, 06:32 AM

anikghosh is on a distinguished road
fm transmitter on nokia n78

hi guys, had been using my nokia n 78 for a year now. the fm transmitter was working brilliantly, but then after updating the software the transmitter fails to work. it gets activated, but the fm receivers cant pick up the signal, whatever the frequency of transmission is. can you guys please help. thanks. anik

Old 20-12-2009, 08:23 AM

jazi_leo is on a distinguished road
i hv nokia n78. I instraled few java games in phn mem.. Now i cnt remove them and cnt instral new java app.? Plz help.

Old 14-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Carix is on a distinguished road
hi,
im sorry for stupid question, which are maybe already here , but this is emergency one for me. I have a Nokia N78 and i am going soon to visit china, probably stay there longer time. Unfortunately i cant see chinese characters on my mobile. I tried already some things but still no result. I know it could be done by changing firwmare or product ID but i am trying to avoid these things.
Please could somebody help me how to get chinese in my mobile? I dont really need to write in chinese, i just need to be able recieve some chinese txts etc.
Thanks

Old 23-02-2010, 01:53 PM

HarryN78 is on a distinguished road
Dictionary for N78

May i ask who know how to install the base package?
Cause i cannot install the dictionary for my N78.
S.O.S
Ads

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM

sajawal is on a distinguished road
rafe i have a problem that when i try to update my n78 it says the mobile service provider has not allowed the update, what to do?
thnx

Old 29-03-2010, 01:58 PM

shoja is on a distinguished road
can not mute N78 microphone

hi
my handset is N78 . more than 5 "Answering Machine" software i have installed , but during message recording they can hear what is talking nearby the handset ! how can i fix this problem ?
thanks a lot

Old 04-04-2010, 04:20 PM

naumanshabbir is on a distinguished road
nomi

can any body tell me which is the best frequency for fm transmitter if u using n78

Old 15-03-2011, 10:49 AM

radar90 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy N78

I understand that you are one of the gurus for this type of questions.
My last mobile broke and now I have my brothers old Nokia N78. Having problems setting up though. I have a BT Broadband contract which include BT mobile. I used to be able to use the wireless connection when at home automatically and now I dont now how to set this up or if its possible. The next point is that sms messaging doesn't work! I can receive text msgs but not send.
Finally, I get the following error msgs "Packet Data: Packet Data Connection Not Available" when trying to connect to the internet and "Unable to create secure login. Server may not support secure login" when trying to login for my email from BtYahoo.
I have contacted BT as they have my mobile account and as usual they weren't too helpful. I do hope you can help me
Regards

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM

salman.zao is on a distinguished road
Unhappy my nokia n78 sofrware problem

my nokia N78 during to software update interrupted by the fail of electric power.
now its not working. how can i again restart the phone.
i am very tense about my phone. please Help me.