All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-04-2008, 07:21 PM

alastairhm is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth Hacking...How?

***Please dont ask for such programs here, thanks.***

Last edited by bartmanekul; 22-04-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Asking for hacking programs
Ads

Old 23-04-2008, 12:10 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Might I add that "Bluetooth hacking" isn't really what some may think. Most tools out there only allow you to bluejack, which is simply sending contacts or messages to other phones. Advertisers are making use of this and expect to be flooded with messages upon entering malls and supermarkets in the near future. A simple way to stop this is to turn your bluetooth off on your mobile device.

Bluetooth hacking in itself is more difficult and usually requires a pc or laptop to also be within range of the target or victim. Google would be more of a help in this aspect, as well as having knowledge in radio transmissions.

The only thing that really ever interested me was eavesdropping in on someone elses call. There is a program for Linux that must be used on a laptop that forces the re-pairing between a mobile device and bluetooth headset. During that re-pair, the program captures the pairing key and also adds the bluetooth headset to it's device list. It all happens in a matter of seconds and now all radio transmissions are passed through the laptop (bluetooth dongle). Kind of like a 'man-in-the-middle' attack.

It's not really of any use because if you are close enough to carry out this attack, you're probably within earshot of the conversation so you could just listen in anyways.

Furthermore, there are programs that allow you to view the victims files upon their device. This isn't a hack. Different operators and hardware manufacturers program their bluetooth functionality differenty. Some allow more features than others, such as OBEX file transfering etc. All you have to do is pair with the device and then try to browse it through your bluetooth software. This is usually easier on a higher end, unlocked device or laptop/pc.

As you can see, there isn't really any hacking tools. I would suggest you learn how bluetooth is implemented on different devices and the features available as that will be more valuable to you.

Rosa Parks is my idol for I too refuse to get up out of my seat.

Old 23-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
I agree, but the original post was about reading the targets messages etc. And I dont agree with looking at files on other peoples phones either really.