All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
The 1000 Person Snake

In a rather unorthodox piece of promotion, Nokia have created an elaborate high-definition short film featuring over one thousand extras as the world's largest game of Snake, along with an interactive human version of Breakout. To add to the fun it's been shot entirely in stop-motion animation using a still camera, and there are apparently no special effects at all, everything on screen existed in real life. We've just been given a press preview, and you can see the film yourself next Tuesday (the 15th of April) on a special website.

Read on in the full article.

Old 15-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down The State of N-gage

Although I think this website is definitely cool, do you know what else Nokia could do to promote its gaming service on its N-Series phones? How about some more games?!! It's saddening to go back every day and see the same 5 games available with a long list of games-to-come. Wasn't Tetris released during the N81 N-gage roll out? Why isn't it available now? So Nokia can keep churning out these ohhh-and-ahhhh websites for bloggers to oogle over...but seriously, spend some time solidifying your game-service's software library.
Ads

Old 15-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Unregistered, the N-Gage service only began about a week ago! Give them a chance! :-)

The "rollout" you're talking about wasn't a rollout, it was a beta test.

Quote:
How about some more games?!!
There are dozens of games already announced, take a look at All About N-Gage's Games section (far more games have been announced than are listed on the official N-Gage site):

http://www.allaboutngage.com/games/

Nokia's already released or announced more first party games than they did in the entire original N-Gage's lifetime.
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets

Last edited by krisse; 15-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Old 16-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

So, krisse, is this the site you had pre-acces? I thought it would be a face-lift of the N-gage site, also with some new launches. If you make a commercial with Snakes and Breakout, I think you should launch those games, right??
Thank you, Radu.

Old 16-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So, krisse, is this the site you had pre-acces? I thought it would be a face-lift of the N-gage site, also with some new launches. If you make a commercial with Snakes and Breakout, I think you should launch those games, right??
I didn't say anything about those things at all.

The original post just talked about a promotional film featuring people acting out a human version of snake and a human version of breakout.

Sorry if you misunderstood.
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets