All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-02-2003, 01:45 PM

Nokia PC Suite and Windows XP...are they compatible?

hi,
from what i've been reading on various forums, Windows XP is NOT compatible with PC Suite....please can someone confirm this or not.

If this is the case, then I think I will be returning my 7650 unfortunately, as I'm not changing my OS just to use the bluetooth features I bought it for.

Cheers

Old 03-02-2003, 02:05 PM

JyriK is on a distinguished road
I been using PC-suite with windows XP succesfully for a while now.
The BT is a problem usually with XP.

And the only thing that PC suite is needed is backups.

Old 03-02-2003, 03:01 PM

Edgedale is on a distinguished road
I am running WinXP Pro with Nokia PC Suite and it's very stable and running fine on my side.

"Ask and you will get. Seek and you will find"

Old 04-02-2003, 08:05 AM

seanmiguel is on a distinguished road
Re: Nokia PC Suite and Windows XP...are they compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramesh
hi,
from what i've been reading on various forums, Windows XP is NOT compatible with PC Suite....please can someone confirm this or not.

If this is the case, then I think I will be returning my 7650 unfortunately, as I'm not changing my OS just to use the bluetooth features I bought it for.

Cheers
im using XP Pro - NO SUCCESS with PC Suite!

Old 04-02-2003, 12:30 PM

BrT is on a distinguished road
First post here.

Using Win XP Pro SP1 with PC Suite (via IR) and no problems yet. Mind you PC Suite does tend to get a little upset if you keep removing the Phone from the IR range

Cheers
Brett

Old 04-02-2003, 12:50 PM

dschelte is on a distinguished road
I'm using xp pro with pc suite. It works fine, only when a large program is loaded firs (such as vs.net). Other's, too?

Old 04-02-2003, 03:31 PM

immateriaux is on a distinguished road
PC Suite will not work for me with XP, using IRXpress adaptor (ie Infra Red) - have contacted Nokia support and been explicitly told that PC Suite "is not compatible" with XP.

I have asked them now three times will a new version of PCSUite be released that is compatible but they have yet to answer my query (their first response was simply a completely blank email, would you believe!)

Old 04-02-2003, 04:18 PM

daveyjohn is on a distinguished road
Re: Nokia PC Suite and Windows XP...are they compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramesh
hi,

Officially, PC Suite and Windows XP are not compatible, but as you can see, there are lots of people quite happily using them together despite what Nokia say.

I think this problem has more to do with incompatibility between PC Suite and certain BT adapters. I've struggled for months to get my Mitsumi one to work with Nokia's software but it just won't.

There's no need to do anything as drastic as returning the phone - just check out which BT devices work with PC Suite. I think it's in the FAQ, or if not, then there are plenty of forum topics which discuss it.

The other option is to use psiloc's System Tools' 'flight mode' function to make a copy of any locked files on the phone. I think it was Jyrik's idea?? In the end, I stressed quite a lot about backing up my phone but then I realised all I really wanted was my contacts list and my wap bookmarks. For me, most other things were replaceable.