All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Unregistered

Question problems with the Nokia N96

I just got myself a nokia N96 the soft ware on the install cd dose not work properly and cant update the phone. also the meadia player is not good at all its clear but it skips all the way throug movies even transformers the movie came with the phone and its audio is out of time and the movie skips there has been alot of the same complant. allso the phone tends to freez and is not able to recover untill you remove the batery the only way to turn it off when it dose this.
the software that dose work on my computer stops working when i try to tranfer meadia.
i had a N95 and that was alot better then the N96 in terms of the firmware on the phone nothing ever whent wrong with it at all.
the good thing is its not the phone that has the problem its the firmware on the phone(software) and nokia has said that they will have an update to fix the problems people have adressed them since its release.
so hopefully they will do this soon so i can enjoy the N96 at its best the way it should have been
programed.

Old 19-10-2008, 09:50 AM

planetf1 is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I just received an N96 this week and was able to do an over-the-air update to 11.018 (*#0000# then left button/check for updates). I do have a generic product code (finland). When I'd used NSU is reported no updates, so it always makes sense to check both NSI and OTA as it seems some updates only come out on one of those channels!

I also have an N95 8Gb so rather need to decide which to keep so that I can sell one of them..

So far I have some concerns over power consumption (see http://cherrybyte.blogspot.com) but I know others have reported that for some capabilities the N96 is better (video, audio). Certainly the video seems smoother, and audio clearer than the N95.

I was able to use with pcsuite and do a backup/photo capture. I've installed quite a lot of apps and have not yet had any crashes.

The lack of VoIP client is perhaps my biggest issue - I was an avid truphone user.

I've not checked out the camea yet, but am planning to make some further comparisons.

Old 20-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Talking the best

planetf1 you are the best that helped me so much!!!!!!!!!!

Old 21-10-2008, 04:31 AM
chad

Unhappy Having problems with my nokia N96

i just updated my firmware to 11.101 and i have allot more problems like when i play music it will ten to start fast foward and then power off allso the media key stop working allso powers off sometimes when im on a call its not cool at all i ant a happy man why is there so many problems with this phone the update fixed some problems i had befor but now i have allot of problems i did not have befor that are worse its my work phone and it powers off during important calls not good at all i wish i never lost my N95 and bought the N96 dose anyone know if they are makeing a new update that has know problems i love the phone and i want it to work the way it should!!

should i return the phone and get a N95 again or what?
the N96 cost me an arm and a leg to buy all its problems!!

Old 22-10-2008, 07:00 AM
chad

type the code for soft reset arfter you update the N96 to firmware 11.101 trust me

to update direct of your N96 type *#0000# go to options at the left bottom corner and select search for updates you need a conection arfter it has downloaded and installed use the reset code found in the list below and your N96 will be alot better arfter the reset i hope this helps as it did for me

Nokia secret codes.

Nokia Code function
*3370# This Nokia code activates Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your Nokia cell phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx. 5%

#3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR)

*#4720# Activate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time

*#4720# With this Nokia code you can deactivate the Half Rate Codec

*#0000# Displays your phones software version, 1st Line : Software Version, 2nd Line : Software Release Date, 3rd Line : Compression Type

*#9999# Phones software version if *#0000# does not work

*#06# For checking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI Number)

#pw+1234567890+1# Provider Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

#pw+1234567890+2# Network Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

#pw+1234567890+3# Country Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

#pw+1234567890+4# SIM Card Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

*#147# This lets you know who called you last (Only vodofone)

*#1471# Last call (Only vodofone)

*#21# This phone code allows you to check the number that "All Calls" are diverted to

*#2640# Displays phone security code in use

*#30# Lets you see the private number

*#43# Allows you to check the "Call Waiting" status of your cell phone.

*#61# Allows you to check the number that "On No Reply" calls are diverted to

*#62# Allows you to check the number that "Divert If Unreachable (no service)" calls are diverted to

*#67# Allows you to check the number that "On Busy Calls" are diverted to

*#67705646# Phone code that removes operator logo on 3310 & 3330

*#73# Reset phone timers and game scores

*#746025625# Displays the SIM Clock status, if your phone supports this power saving feature "SIM Clock Stop Allowed", it means you will get the best standby time possible

*#7760# Manufactures code

*#7780# Restore factory settings

*#8110# Software version for the nokia 8110

*#92702689# Displays - 1.Serial Number, 2.Date Made, 3.Purchase Date, 4.Date of last repair (0000 for no repairs), 5.Transfer User Data. To exit this mode you need to switch your phone off then on again

*#94870345123456789# Deactivate the PWM-Mem

**21*number# Turn on "All Calls" diverting to the phone number entered

**61*number# Turn on "No Reply" diverting to the phone number entered

**67*number# Turn on "On Busy" diverting to the phone number entered

12345 This is the default security code

press and hold # Lets you switch between lines

Old 16-03-2010, 09:21 AM

lalithaa is on a distinguished road
My friend using the same mobile..She unlocked her mobile here http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/unloc...-phone/rs7wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions...With the help of this she unlocked successfully...
Ads