All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
mobitubia beta *HOT

no need for a description im sure, enjoy ... www.mobitubia.com

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.

Last edited by Biggzy; 31-01-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Old 31-01-2008, 06:19 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Here is some information on what mobitubia is. It's a flash lite youtube portal/player for nokia devices.

You can find out more about it here : http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1174456

Snippit from nokia post:
"The Open C Challenge Grand Prize and Runner-Up Winners named today include:

Grand Prize Winner
Developer: Sittiphol Phanvilai (Bangkok, Thailand) / Application: MobiTubia
MobiTubia is a Flash Lite video player and YouTube portal application with real-time decoding for the S60 platform, developed by Sittiphol Phanvilai of Bangkog, Thailand, a graduate student in the Master of Engineering program in Computers at Chulalongkorn University. MobiTubia enables mobile users to access flv clips using several different methods. Additionally, the application allows users to browse and search for specific content on YouTube. The developer ported 25,000 lines of code to the Open C environment to make the application compatible with S60 on Symbian OS."

Old 31-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxup View Post
Here is some information on what mobitubia is. It's a flash lite youtube portal/player for nokia devices.

You can find out more about it here : http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1174456

Snippit from nokia post:
"The Open C Challenge Grand Prize and Runner-Up Winners named today include:

Grand Prize Winner
Developer: Sittiphol Phanvilai (Bangkok, Thailand) / Application: MobiTubia
MobiTubia is a Flash Lite video player and YouTube portal application with real-time decoding for the S60 platform, developed by Sittiphol Phanvilai of Bangkog, Thailand, a graduate student in the Master of Engineering program in Computers at Chulalongkorn University. MobiTubia enables mobile users to access flv clips using several different methods. Additionally, the application allows users to browse and search for specific content on YouTube. The developer ported 25,000 lines of code to the Open C environment to make the application compatible with S60 on Symbian OS."
thanx for the info

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.

Old 31-01-2008, 10:29 PM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
nice looking interface but don't think quality of films is as good as emtube and to be fair, emtube is more intuitive. Not as flashy, but at the moment I prefer it (emtube that is). oh and for some reason this app couldn't find the vids saved by emtube.

Last edited by chrsfrwll; 31-01-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Old 31-01-2008, 10:56 PM

randomfan is on a distinguished road
Just tried it, like chrsfrwll said, the quality isn't really as good as emTube, and the interface isn't as flashy as the official java client from YouTube. Also don't like how the app forces you to use the phone in landscape.

So yeah, I'll definitely be sticking to emTube and YouTube for now, as this doesn't offer anything new.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Toppskarven is on a distinguished road
Smile

Just tried it out, and it's like the N95 before proper FW-upgrade, nice and shiny but with a few glitches.

I kinda liked it that it forces the phone in landscape mode, don't know why, I just do... and I just LOVE the cycle-through menues!!! My experience is that this programme downlads streams faster than emTube, why is that? (no changed setting from my side)

One bug I encountered was when I tried to log in with username for youtube, the application just kept on crashing, anyone other with the same problem???

and the sound can be REALLY crappy at times (try LEGO --> white and nerdy!)

Withy some extra developing, I think this will kick emTube !

Others with more/similar problems/views?
Ads

Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Logan1981 is on a distinguished road
This application is great for the non-hardcore YouTube fans. I categorise myself right there, which is why I've uninstalled emTube. I rarely visit YouTube and tbh emTube was gathering digital dust a little. I only load it up every now and then, which is why I've gone with Mobitubia as its eye candy in its presentation and layout, simple to use and the results are pretty decent.

But as said above, emTube might still just be the best option for the masses of YouTube addicts. Saving YouTube videos is not something I'm into, so whether the feature works or not is not an issue for me.