All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Review: The Mobile Survival Kit Micro

Will the Micro version of this Proporta travel charger kit be as big a hit as the original? Is it just as 'drop dead useful' and will it also win awards? And will you get mermerised by those curvy LEDs? Find out in my exclusive review of the Mobile Survival Kit Micro.

Read on in the full article.

Old 24-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Proporta

@

Old 24-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Proporta

@Steve, any chance for you to do a charge test and see how many times you can charge a N95? I am curious if you would get the same charging effiency results as I did. If you do the E90 has a 1500 mAh battery so I doubt if you will manage a full charge, only 2/3 at most.

Snoyt

Old 24-01-2008, 01:06 PM

pintofale is on a distinguished road
I really don't understand this - why not just buy a spare phone battery from eBay - much cheaper, and you don't have to carry around a stonking big jobbie plugged into your phone, just swap the batteries. Desktop battery chargers are cheap enough on the 'bay, too. I have an N93 and usually carry three spare BP-6Ms (they last about half a day each with no charging - power user!).

Old 24-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Because when you change your phone, all your spare batteries become redundant. And because, as you say, you've got to find an after-market desktop battery charger anyway.

Trust me, these Proporta chargers are super, especially the white original one.

Old 24-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
@Steve, any chance for you to do a charge test and see how many times you can charge a N95? I am curious if you would get the same charging effiency results as I did. If you do the E90 has a 1500 mAh battery so I doubt if you will manage a full charge, only 2/3 at most.

Snoyt
I normally reckon on about 70% charging efficiency, so an E90 showing one bar left, with perhaps 15% charge left, should be able to be fully recharged to 100% by a full MSK Micro.

But hey, I've only had it for 48 hours, I haven't done extensive testing yet!

Old 24-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
I can't help thinking that they'd be much better if they had a fold out top section to show a reasonable sized solar panel so it can charge itself when out and about making it more useful, and probably better deserving of the name "Survival Kit".
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.

Old 25-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Big Brother

I'd say that the micro is to close the a BL-5F battery. Making it a much cheaper alternative. The big brother is definitely a better choice. mAh per euro is much better. Besides that one can charge a N800 once and a little tidbit. Charge indictator or not.

Snoyt

Old 25-01-2008, 01:51 PM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
If you're going to buy one, use the code MICRO15 between now and the end of February and get a 15% discount.

Though I'll stick with my white one. I like having that little bit extra juice that'll give me two N95 charges (or my PSP, or my N95 and my wife's phone....)