All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-12-2007, 02:42 AM

donpiano is on a distinguished road
Problems with N82 (synchronizing)

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one specific to N82, and this one mentioned "N-series," so here I am.

I bought Noka N82 today, and everything works great, except synchronizing, which it siimply won't do.

I connect through the cable, and apparently that works as I get the indication that it is connected. "Connected to N82" it says

If I hit "sync" on the Nseries PC Suite program, it holds for a few seconds and tells me it is done syncing, but nothing happens.

If I run the Nokia PC Sync program, it too tells me it is connected to the N82, but if I click "settings" nothing happens, and if I hit "sync" nothing happens.

Also, if I run the "Nokia Software Updater" it downloads fine, and gets ready to update but tells me it is "unable to find the phone," even though the other programs says it is already connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I run all this on Vista Ultimate 32bit
I run ESET Nod32 Antivirus with the ESET Smart Security firewall. I have tried disabling the firewall, without that helping.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Calender recurring event issue

Hi all,
I have created a recurring event in MS Oultook . Then
In PC Sync settings, i selected the Synchronisation range as 1 week(s) in the past and 1 week(s) in the future. ( update in both direction ). After that i
Synchronised N82 with MS Outlook calender.
The PC Sync will synchronise and as a result the recurring events of more than 1 week will also occur in Nokia N 82, which i donot want to be shown on my handset as i have already selected the synchronisation range as 1 week in the past and 1 week in the future only. But i dont know have any clue why it is displaying the other week entries apart from the range which i dont want to see it on my handset ?

Any Help?
Ads