All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 AM

HyPeR is on a distinguished road
E90 & More than 2 Automatic Email Retrievals???

I just bought the Nokia E90 & realised that i cannot set more then 2 email accounts on automatic retrieval.

I;ve upgraded it to the latest firmware 7.40.1.2 thinking theres a work around to it..but nothing...

is there any way around it? I tried searching the forums, but nothing....

If nothing, i might try this....
2 of my company pop3 accounts on automatic retrieval & 2 gmails through emoze FREE push mail...

Or just go buy Profimail (i dont know if its available for E90 as yet..am checking)

Any help will be highly appreciated..

Of course the UNIVERSAL VIBRATE problem will still remain ( i hate my phone to vibrate for every single email)

Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM

swingerman is on a distinguished road
Hello,

The E90 messaging app does not support more than 2 automatic email account retrievals.
Profimail is a solution if it's so important.

Cheers,

Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM

elp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingerman View Post
The E90 messaging app does not support more than 2 automatic email account retrievals.
Profimail is a solution if it's so important.
On top of this, the built-in Messaging app also has a bug that causes it to silently disable automatic retrieval completely whenever it fails to connect just the once. So it can't be relied upon.

I haven't tried Profimail for a long time (and not on the E90) but I've read in several places that its automatic retrieval of email isn't that much better than the built-in one: whenever it fails to connect, it displays an error message on the screen and simply stops retrieving emails until you dismiss the message manually (so you could have the phone in your pocket thinking that you'll get alerted whenever an email comes through while in fact the phone just sits idle waiting for you to dismiss an error message).

Apart from that, Profimail's UI, while very easy to use and intuitive, is also probably one of the ugliest thing you'll ever see on your E90.

Quite frankly, the state of email clients on the S60 plateform is really pathetic and I can't understand why companies such as Epocware (makers of the great Handy Tools suite of applications) don't get in this market. There a fortune to be made for a beautiful, practical and reliable email client here.

Old 15-12-2007, 09:36 AM

cgrosu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPeR View Post

Or just go buy Profimail (i dont know if its available for E90 as yet..am checking)

Any help will be highly appreciated..

Of course the UNIVERSAL VIBRATE problem will still remain ( i hate my phone to vibrate for every single email)
I use BlackBerry application on my E90 - it's perfect. I sync 3 email accounts.
i use it 24h, 7 days/week and the traffic is less than 2mb/month. I consider it's a very good solution for push email.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
Hi all

I have been using the Beta or Seven always on which can be found here

http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php

It has an incredibly easy set up and just works i have only just got an E90 again and installation was quick and easy currently it is free but when it ends i will be happy to pay for it. It's well worth a try to see if you like it IMO.

Marc

Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 AM

swingerman is on a distinguished road
Cool An easy and free solution to keep 7 email account updted

Hello,

I've just found a very useful feature of gmail (I mean the web app, not the phone client). You can set up your gmail account to auto retrieve 5 more POP3 account besides yours automatically. I did it and very happy with it. Gmail not just retrieves my emails from all my business addresses but scans them for viruses and spam also.

So my phone autoretrieves only one account, and I get emails from 6 accounts. Sounds great heh?

Cheers,

Old 28-01-2008, 04:46 PM

mackangus is on a distinguished road
Another free solution if you have a PC that's always on (home or work) ~ I use emoze to sync my outlook, which collects 4 pop3 accounts, and my E90 ~ this also syncs my appointments & contacts, as well as all 4 pop3 accounts. My data traffic is higher though, at about 9Mb per month, but O2 allow 200Mb per month for £7.50