All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Beer Usa Update

<a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/lil-wayne-ringtones">lil wayne ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/eminem-ringtones">eminem ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/chris-brown-ringtones">chris brown ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/britney-spears-ringtones">britney spears ringtones</a>.
lil wayne ringtones. eminem ringtones. chris brown ringtones. britney spears ringtones.

Old 26-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Everyone...
...does Anyone Know When Is New Firmware Coming To Usa ?
My Nokia N95-1 ....thanks!
It takes the US around 30-60 days to get the update. Don't worry, you'll be able to "upgrade" and lose your Nokia Maps features soon enough.

Old 26-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Welcome isn't new.

Old 26-11-2007, 04:46 PM

andrewgalpin is on a distinguished road
wonderful, thanks steve, i will change my product key to EURO 1 again the get the update, cause O2 wont of done it yet

thanks

Old 26-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Maticek is on a distinguished road
I'm getting a nasty can't install application error when I try to instal yahoo go 2.0.

Am I the only one?

Old 26-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

* Able to play YouTube videos straight off official website.

I don't believe this......

Old 26-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

help!1!!!!!!!!!
my n95 died after the failed firmware update
no idea why it failed. the NSU suddenly pop up a message saying firmware updated failed.

then my phone couldnt on or anything. i tried the 3 key reset but it couldnt' work as i can't even start.
Ads

Old 26-11-2007, 05:41 PM

Menneisyys is on a distinguished road
Installation (debranded (product code change) T-Mo UK device) went flawlessly. The RAM increase is tremendous - I was able to run Web, Music Player, Messaging, Opera Mini, Wireless Keyboard, Camera (!!!) and some other, smaller apps at the same time and still had some 8M RAM left. This would have been unbelievable under the prev RAM versions. In addition, Web's memory consumption seems to be lowered quite a bit - I haven't run into image loading problems and even the pages in the history were rendered promptly, without reloading from the network.

The "hissing" problem seems to be fixed to some degree. Now, the background noise seems to be a LOT less (but still present).

There is a MAJOR generic speedup. For my forthcoming Windows Mobile & Symbian Multimedia Bible, I've thoroughly measured reading all the MP3 tags in a well-defined, huge (about 1.5GB) WMA+MP3 collection. While Music Player, in the previous ROM version, needed 4 minutes to parse and store all of them, the new version "only" needs three minutes to do the same. While better players under WinMo are about 3 times faster but I'm still very happy with the results because the sheer size and the vastly superior A2DP quality makes the N95 much better a music player if you have A2DP headphones not really compatible with the MS BT stack on WinMo (for example, all Plantronics Pulsar-models).

I'll also check the CorePlayer video playback benchmarks to see whether there have been any improvements in there.

The camera app is indeed MUCH faster.

I like the two N-Gage demos. Too bad it seems Alpha 3 doesn't make use of the 3D hardware acceleration (it's pretty much pixelizated, not the fastest and uses low-quality textures). It surely deserves 3D acceleration support - even when the vast majority of the Next Gen Nokia N-Gage platform-compatible devices don't have hardware support for this. The Fifa game, on the other hand, is MUCH better than any MIDlet-based Java game I've ever tried on the platform.

I'm (a Windows Mobile enthusiast, a Microsoft MVP, the Nominations Manager at Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine so I've come from the "other" side and also pretty much know everything Windows Mobile) ABSOLUTELY sold on the new upgrade and the present usability degree of the N95. Windows Mobile device device manufacturers should take some lessons from Nokia on designing a very solid device. HTC's (the major, leading WinMo device manufacturer), lately, has released far less stellar models. Let me, for example, mention the various problems (video unoptimizations, which means it's almost useless for seamless gaming and playing back video files anything over the standard, transcoded QVGA size; the lack of support for 3D hardware acceleration; the lack of call recording; no stereo speakers; no decent camera; huge (190g) weight etc.) of the HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt).

Old 26-11-2007, 05:43 PM
some0ne

hmm..

It's not there :(.
My updater cant find it.

Damn!

Old 26-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Reda EK is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset Impressed by the amount of interest! ;-)

Things I like
* Memory is still low but it's enough to listen to music and browse internet with two windows open at the same time (loaded with heavy pages) without crashing everything. Unfortunately, if I open the camera all open applications close down, so still need to use parsimony with phone's memory. Honestly, I was hoping to be able to browse the web with 3 open windows but I guess I need to buy another phone :-(
* Camera is definitively better now (app is faster and it's faster to use). E.g. the working taskbar on the right stays visible all the time instead of hiding away
* Music Player is still not perfect but has improved (finally Nokia sent a senior engineer to shadow the graduate working on the "now playlist" because the usability of the music player is better now). One example, the "home page" shows now playing, music and podcasts. It still missing a lot of things but worth the upgrade at least for me. Launching the music app by pressing longer the multimedia key now works as it should
* The menu layout is more logical now and even if I didn't upgrade I would change the menu to reflect the new layout.

All in all, I think is worth upgrading to this firmware.

Old 26-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
* Able to play YouTube videos straight off official website.

I don't believe this......
He's referring to the Mobile version of YouTube, NOT the "classic" one. Classic videos are NOT played (as is the case with Windows Mobile BTW without extensive third-party hacks).

Last edited by Menneisyys; 26-11-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Old 26-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda EK View Post
Things I like
* Memory is still low but it's enough to listen to music and browse internet with two windows open at the same time (loaded with heavy pages) without crashing everything. Unfortunately, if I open the camera all open applications close down, so still need to use parsimony with phone's memory. Honestly, I was hoping to be able to browse the web with 3 open windows but I guess I need to buy another phone :-(

Strange - on my EURO-1 (debranded) device, I've encountered no such cases. With Camera running (in passive mode - that is, showing the prev shot), I had 7M free (with an active A2DP + Music Player streaming flawlessly running in the background + CpuMon + Web + OpMini 4 + File Mgr + Podcasting + Wless Keyb). When it's actively taking a picture, the RAM usage increases by about 4M.

Old 26-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by some0ne View Post
It's not there :(.
My updater cant find it.

Damn!
Change the product code and install EURO-1

Old 26-11-2007, 05:52 PM
some0ne

Sweden

Is it because of my location that it's failing?
I'm running a rom with the amazing language of swedish in it, might be that the rom that is available is not the one I should use.

Or, I'm doing anything wrong?

Old 26-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Maticek is on a distinguished road
Has anyone been able to instal yahoo go 2.0 on this firmware?