All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 19-11-2007, 05:41 PM
justnew justnew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 92
justnew is on a distinguished road
Question microSDHC 4GB

I went to this store to buy a microSD 4GB for my N95
http://www.canadacomputers.com/main....93&cid=990.218

the sales person there told me that this will not work on Nokia N95 and he already try it with his N95, as I read in this forum it should work, my firmeware version is 12

any help ?

  #2  
Old 19-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Biggzy's Avatar
Biggzy Biggzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 629
Biggzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnew View Post
I went to this store to buy a microSD 4GB for my N95
http://www.canadacomputers.com/main....93&cid=990.218

the sales person there told me that this will not work on Nokia N95 and he already try it with his N95, as I read in this forum it should work, my firmeware version is 12

any help ?
yes it will work, i used to have a 4gig in my n95, i now have a 6 gig so 4 gig 100% works, just buy it, dnt listen to him, it will work
__________________
www.SymbianScientist.com

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.
Ads

  #3  
Old 19-11-2007, 07:09 PM
justnew justnew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 92
justnew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
yes it will work, i used to have a 4gig in my n95, i now have a 6 gig so 4 gig 100% works, just buy it, dnt listen to him, it will work
Thanks for your reply, even he told me something that because it is microSD HC it will not work and if it is just microSD it will work because N95 can't read from HC .... doesn't make any sense to me, but I thought to double check with people here.

One more question, If I get this 4GB microSD card, and copied all the content I have on the current 1 GB card to the new 4GB one, should that work even for the applications that it is installed on the old 1 GB card, or I should re-install all the applications that was installed on the old 1 GB card

Last edited by justnew; 19-11-2007 at 07:14 PM.

  #4  
Old 19-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Biggzy's Avatar
Biggzy Biggzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 629
Biggzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnew View Post
Thanks for your reply, even he told me something that because it is microSD HC it will not work and if it is just microSD it will work because N95 can't read from HC .... doesn't make any sense to me, but I thought to double check with people here.

One more question, If I get this 4GB microSD card, and copied all the content I have on the current 1 GB card to the new 4GB one, should that work even for the applications that it is installed on the old 1 GB card, or I should re-install all the applications that was installed on the old 1 GB card
IMO you shuold re-instal, iv heard to many bad stories bout copying all the data to new card, and yes n95 reads SDHC cards
__________________
www.SymbianScientist.com

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.

  #5  
Old 19-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Pug72 Pug72 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Pug72 is on a distinguished road
I too can canfirm 4Gb microSDHC works on the N95, it's what I'm using.


Yes, you can copy all the info from one card and paste it onto the 4Gb one and it will be as was before but with more memory.

  #6  
Old 19-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Mithent Mithent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 248
Mithent is on a distinguished road
Some people might be misinformed about the N95's card support, because there were no microSDHC cards on launch and so Nokia said the largest card supported was 2GB. However, all sizes of microSDHC cards released so far work fine, as above.
__________________
Inaccurate PDAs/Phones Timeline: Psion Revo, Psion Series 7 & Motorola T2288 > Toshiba e740 & Siemens A60 > Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720 & Motorola v635 > Nokia N95

  #7  
Old 20-11-2007, 09:23 AM
HoundDog HoundDog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 318
HoundDog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnew View Post
One more question, If I get this 4GB microSD card, and copied all the content I have on the current 1 GB card to the new 4GB one, should that work even for the applications that it is installed on the old 1 GB card, or I should re-install all the applications that was installed on the old 1 GB card
I've found it's fine to just copy the data from one card to another, but you must have 'Show hidden files and folders' enabled and 'Hide protected operating system files' disabled within Windows. See attached screen shot...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FolderOptions.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	3916  

  #8  
Old 20-11-2007, 12:37 PM
justnew justnew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 92
justnew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
I've found it's fine to just copy the data from one card to another, but you must have 'Show hidden files and folders' enabled and 'Hide protected operating system files' disabled within Windows. See attached screen shot...

Thanks for the hint HoundDog

  #9  
Old 21-11-2007, 09:02 AM
HoundDog HoundDog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 318
HoundDog is on a distinguished road
No worries dude, hope it works.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
4gb, microsdhc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N73 and memory card 4GB pcast Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 27 17-11-2007 11:04 PM
Will 4gb Mini Sd /sdhc Work With my n73 N73Me_2007 Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 1 31-07-2007 08:06 AM
4gb non SDHC MiniSD for N73 ?? vark Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 3 30-07-2007 07:11 PM
n80 wiv 4gb memory card willn80 Nokia N80 16 07-02-2007 10:56 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy