All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-09-2007, 04:58 AM

Tweety_Teddy is on a distinguished road
Question URGENT - How do I save my PHONE data before reformatting??

My Nokia N80 is suddenly experiencing a problem of auto restart. When I switch on my phone, the lock code screen appears and after I enter the lock code, even my main screen appears but within 15 seconds the screen goes blank, switches off and autmatically restarts again. Once again, the lock code screen appears and the whole process goes on endlessly. Basically I cannot use the phone as a result because it is switched on only for 15 seconds.

I don't know what maybe the problem with the phone, but before anything else, my primary concern is saving and retrieving the data stored in my phone memory. By no means can I afford to lose 2 most important things - My Messages and Contacts. I cannot understand how I should go about it, whether I can use PC Suite, Memory card backup or any other method in the current situation when my phone is automatically going off and on, but I am willing to do anything it takes to have my data retrieved.

It is of utmost importance to me to have my entire message content (Inbox, Folders) as well as my Contacts retrieved or saved safely on my phone. Even if there is a way to remove the main phone memory chip or motherboard or whatever component that stores the phone memory from the phone and be placed in another handset or be connected to another medium to transfer the data, I am willing to follow that. There has to be some way to retrieve the data before havng to reformat the phone, whether it is by saving onto my memory card, or computer via PC suite or otherwise or any other medium by using the phone memory chip. Please advise me on this at your earliest because it is very urgent for me to do the needful.
As I said before, I am willing to do anything it takes to retrieve my data (Messages and Contacts) even if the problem with the phone is not repaired first. My concern is not the fault with the phone right now, but to save my phone data from any loss.

Please reply as soon as possible with the best solution for the problem mentioned above. Thank you.
Ads