All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 AM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
vox facebook myspace flickr youtube HELP

OMG

I'm so confused and overwhelmed by all the choices. I just want to pick one and be done with it. But i don't want something really obscure that none of my friends will be on

I'm going to use Shozu on my phone to upload my pictures and videos, but i want to get it setup right for me.

What is the best choice for me?

I want to upload my photos, write a description about them, share it with MY friends but also find groups of common interests. And have a bit of a blog.
Sort of like my own webpage, that i can update with widgets, and musings from my N95, and communicate with my friends.

All from one central place that can be managed to a fair degree from my N95 (unlimited fair use allowance) AND my laptop on a metered dialup (when out and about i have a data card with limited allowance) Although at home i have wifi broadband

I'm no spring chicken being the wrong side of 40, so it doesn't have to be the latest "next big thing" ease of use and sharing with friends more important.

I also just want to give my friends access to my "page" without them having to join up too!

Can ANBODY help me choose the best way to do this PLEASE

Last edited by riverboat; 09-09-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Ads

Old 09-09-2007, 04:17 PM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
Well, not being a member of the trendies either, my advice may be taken with a pinch of salt but I use Shozu to Flickr, with my blog having a link to Flickr, although Flickr does have blogging capabilites in its own right. I also use Lifeblog to send the odd photo direct to my blog (Wordpress based) when the situation calls for it. The whole process is very smooth and works well from my N95. I can't use Facebook for photo uploads as unfortunately Facebook doesn't support T-Mobile, and it's a bit too "popular" for me.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Cheers for that...
I do have a flickr account, was moved from Yahoo photos.

Shozu does seem like a pretty good app for uploading.

i had a look at VOX and it seems pretty good and Nokia seem to support it at the mo so might have a go at it.

So i think Vox for my blog, with links to my Flickr and Youtube accounts