All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Sony Ericsson P1i review - software

In the second part of our Sony Ericsson P1i review Rafe looks at the software elements of the phone. What difference does the P1i's extra RAM make? With a mix of enterprise tools and a well rounded multimedia package how does the P1i's software suite measure up?

Read on in the full article.

Old 31-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi Rafe,

I find running video on the P1i abit choppy... (quite bad audio sync issues with Divx player and Smart movie)... and Ive got the latest firmware but Im sure this will improve over time though... But... in the meantime... can you suggest what settings I recode my MP4s at so that thy can run smoothly on the P1i using the default player? I find that the default player is probably the most stable of the 3 players (default, smartmovie and divx player) but it doesnt seem to let me play quite a few MP4s... please advise... thanks ;-)

Old 07-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

what's the black arrow?

on some screens (like contacts for example) I get a black arrow appearing on the right hand side, extending over the scroll bar. I can't figure out what it is for...I can't click on it with the stylus, it doesn't scroll..it just sits there! any ideas? (this is my first symbian phone so am new to the OS)

Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

black arrow

This arrow is to divide the screen so that the handwriting recognition program can distinguish small vs capital letters.
Ads

Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

ah thanks!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Cool ...

i have the p1i and i have had no problems i have 300 and transformers on my phone...my advice use ultra 3gp converter it converts the video from divx or w.e and gives u the option to make it superior quality and audio..

Old 29-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

about p1i

hi .how can i syncronise and transfer all my contacts from my nokia N 91 to the sony ericsson p1i........
plz help me out .......