All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
The first dedicated P1i blog?

Shaun McGill, who used to run a dedicated E61 blog, has switched allegiances (slightly) and is now running perhaps the very first blog dedicated to the Sony Ericsson P1i. Worth adding to your RSS roll if you're eyeing up this device.

Read on in the full article.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

P1i review?

Hey Steve, what happened to your P1i review? I'm hanging out to discover what the web browser's really like on this thing. I would go and try it out in the local mobile shops, but when I ask if they have any P1i phones, all get is the "Dime bar?" look...

Cheers
Matt
Ads

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Rafe's the one writing the official AAS review of the P1i - part 1 should be out on Monday, with part 2 a couple of days later.

Sorry for the delay [inserts official Rafe workload excuse here]

Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 PM

hargs48 is on a distinguished road
Hi Steve I know this is way off topic, but do you perhaps know as to what is the situation regarding the 3 announced (non-Nokia) S60 phones, the LG KS10 (formerly known as the LG Joy), the Samsung i400 as well as the Samsung i520.All 3 are slider phones and run S60 3rd Edition with FP1.Any idea as to if they have been launched and when will AAS do a review on them. Many Thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Unregistered - hopefully Monday as Steve says. The browser is almost unchanged from the P990. Its OK (Opera), but doesn't offer as seamless a full web experience as S60. Its probably better as a mobile browser though. Opera Mini 4 beta can serve well as a full web browser (i.e. the page oviewview / zoom in style).

hargs48 - we would really like to review the non Nokia S60 phones but having a lot of trouble getting hold of them. Samsung and LG UK PR don't know anything about the handsets. Nor can I can I find anywhere to buy them. If anyone has any tips please contact me or leave a message here.

The Samsung i520 did, in theory, launch on Vodafone. However PR don't know anything about them and they're not available outside a contract or at all any more. The i400 hasn't launched yet as far as I know. The LG KS10 is being launched in Italy and Australia at the moment. Maybe I need to take a holiday.