All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-07-2007, 02:09 PM

cjoey19 is on a distinguished road
no sms notification

hi, i need help, my girl has a n73ME, which worked fine until all of a sudden there is no sms notifications when there is a new message. (it doesnt ring, there is no "1 new message notification window" new messages can be only viewed when going into the inbox.)

same goes for MMS, bluetooth messages, infared messages..

but the phone rings for calls. the speakers is working fine, the vibrate works. volume is set to maximum, the sms ring chosen is a valid ringtone and it is not missing. there is no installed app that messes with the sms notifications (smsface etc) there is also nothing installed for messing with the standby screen.

but however there is a lot of smses (around 2500) is that a problem?

i formatted the phone and the notification came back but once i restore the data, the notification is gone again, i dont want to lose any of the data, can someone help? desperate....

Old 30-07-2007, 08:36 PM

naughtydude is on a distinguished road
you can try to restore just the contacts and the messages not the phone settings...try that

Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 PM

ArmedJimmy is on a distinguished road
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem.

Old 23-12-2007, 05:51 PM

damnos is on a distinguished road
Help !

I am encountering the same problem, I also have N73 ME and this is very frustrating ... does anybody have a solution ??

Old 23-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Kelwa18@gmail is on a distinguished road
Article

Hi i think that the format is the one can help but if the problem come back when you restored the data that is something wrong . Chiek there is virus in your data or that a program is not helpful for your mobile
Thankx

Old 28-12-2007, 07:11 AM

dhanna is on a distinguished road
The same sh*t happened to my n73me. Anyway, i tried reformatting it for a couple of times but the problem came back when my inbox reached 2000+. It only seems to happen when inbox is at 2000+. I contacted Nokia and they said that it might be a bug, so they went and reformatted EVERYTHING on my phone. Pretty much lost everything. Restore is BIG no-no. My phone's working fine now. They upgraded the firmware or something. But i haven't tried getting my inbox to 2000+ again. It slows my n73 BIG TIME. Nokia also adviced me not to install too much unknown apps on it. SO there.
Ads