All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-07-2007, 01:31 PM

trianglethief is on a distinguished road
Call Manager & SMS Guard problem

I get this problem...The application appears to work fine apart from when it is set to autostart and i first turn the phone on - Call Manager starts to run (Phone icon is displayed) but then i get message 'Wrong Data File' and the phone icon disappears and i have to start the application manually. I have tried reinstalling it but the fault still occurs.Just wondered if anyone else got same problem.

Regards

Paul

Old 02-08-2007, 10:53 AM

ZeroCode is on a distinguished road
I get the same error message. I did not know that this problem occurs because of "private call & SMS", so I wanted to format my phone. Then I decided to come here before I format it to see if someone else has the same problem.
Thanks god I found this thread, so I can just uninstall the program.
I hope they fix this bug soon, or we may send an email to them.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:11 AM

secretsquirrel is on a distinguished road
I've only installed the trial version but it appears to be working fine so far except that I was hoping that when I received a message from the babylist, it would just hide the message in the background and not make the usual message alert sound, etc. Is there a way of turning this off other than turning off the message alert for all messages? My N95 is brand new this morning and I haven't altered anything else on it or added any other applications so perhaps it is the combination of Call Manager and something else that you guys have done that is causing the problems?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCode View Post
I get the same error message. I did not know that this problem occurs because of "private call & SMS", so I wanted to format my phone. Then I decided to come here before I format it to see if someone else has the same problem.
Thanks god I found this thread, so I can just uninstall the program.
I hope they fix this bug soon, or we may send an email to them.
I have emailed the developer already about this problem but so far have not had a reply. I will post any reply i get here. I've tried reinstalling the application but still same problem. Also something else i've noticed is that the application will quit (i.e call manager phone icon disappears) everytime i send a multimedia message so i have to restart it

Regards

Paul

Old 02-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I've only installed the trial version but it appears to be working fine so far except that I was hoping that when I received a message from the babylist, it would just hide the message in the background and not make the usual message alert sound, etc. Is there a way of turning this off other than turning off the message alert for all messages? My N95 is brand new this morning and I haven't altered anything else on it or added any other applications so perhaps it is the combination of Call Manager and something else that you guys have done that is causing the problems?
I've been after an application that will allow different SMS tones for individual contacts for ages. There was an application called SMS Alert but it was for Symbian V2 only and has not been ported to V3 :-(. I used to have a Windows Mobile smartphone and there was a utility called SMSNotify which did allow different tones for SMS - I wish someone would develop one coz i'd buy it straight away lol!!

Regards

Paul

Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 PM

ZeroCode is on a distinguished road
I just uninstalled this application from the phone. Now whenever i receive a call from a number in my "contact list", the phone just restarts.
Can you please confirm this isuue and tell me if you have the same problem when you uninstall the application?
Thx.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCode View Post
I just uninstalled this application from the phone. Now whenever i receive a call from a number in my "contact list", the phone just restarts.
Can you please confirm this isuue and tell me if you have the same problem when you uninstall the application?
Thx.
Not sure if this is related but i tried reinstalling the application and registering it and now whenever i receive ANY call the phone locks up and i have to remove the battery to restart it!!

Regards

Paul
Ads

Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM

UPDATE: This problem appears to have disappeared since i turned off truphone so i guess it's not related. Also it seems fine now i've put turned Truphone back on so maybe it was just a glitch.

Regards

Paul