All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 22-07-2007, 10:10 PM
nokiahead nokiahead is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
nokiahead is on a distinguished road
LOCKED:TomTom patch for N95 available now? (warning: scam information in this thread)

Hello all

These seem like great forums. I have been looking around to see if a solution to getting tomtom working on the N95 with the internal GPS system.

I have come across this site - www . gpsmidlands . co . uk - who claim to have the answer.

If you scroll down the page you will find "Nokia N95 Patch to Use Internal Receiver with TomTom Software Available Now !!!"

So my first question here is - has anyone tried it? Is it real?

ADMIN EDIT:

Scam warning, please read all the thread.

  #2  
Old 23-07-2007, 12:31 AM
cinghialino cinghialino is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 31
cinghialino is on a distinguished road
it's only a workaround for make more visitors on their poor web page.
losers.

  #3  
Old 23-07-2007, 07:55 AM
ut666 ut666 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 158
ut666 is on a distinguished road
god thats low...

  #4  
Old 23-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Wez69 Wez69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51
Wez69 is on a distinguished road
nokiahead ive also heard if you press Alt + F4 your PC will give you pop up instructions how to install the patch... Why dont you try it see if it works.

  #5  
Old 23-07-2007, 08:36 AM
HoundDog HoundDog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 318
HoundDog is on a distinguished road
I don't think Tomtom will release a patch for V6, I expect we'll have to wait for the release of V7 later in the year.

  #6  
Old 23-07-2007, 10:05 AM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,686
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiahead View Post
These seem like great forums. I have been looking around to see if a solution to getting tomtom working on the N95 with the internal GPS system.

I have come across this site - www . gpsmidlands . co . uk - who claim to have the answer.

So my first question here is - has anyone tried it? Is it real?
I telephoned them this morning. It is real, but Tomtom asked them to remove the link to this £29.99 patch because as well as allowing TT6 to work with the N95 internal GPS, it also (unexpectedly) disabled the TT Licence code checking routine and allowed TT6 to be installed on any IMEI number and run without a licence key.

I am told an amended patch might be available late on Wednesday afternoon. The amended patch will not work with cracked/illegal Tomtom copies.
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

Last edited by dez_borders; 23-07-2007 at 10:18 AM.

  #7  
Old 23-07-2007, 10:06 AM
nokiahead nokiahead is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
nokiahead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez69 View Post
nokiahead ive also heard if you press Alt + F4 your PC will give you pop up instructions how to install the patch... Why dont you try it see if it works.
I have heard growing pubes helps you get a girlfriend... Why don't you give it a try?

  #8  
Old 23-07-2007, 10:19 AM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,686
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiahead View Post
I have heard growing pubes helps you get a girlfriend... Why don't you give it a try?
Not if they grow on the palms of your hands...
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

  #9  
Old 23-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Ronaldo-9's Avatar
Ronaldo-9 Ronaldo-9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 157
Ronaldo-9 is on a distinguished road
well if it was true which i doubt that company has got it, it would have been bought and on the net by now, trust me if and when its really available it will be all over the net.
Ads

  #10  
Old 23-07-2007, 11:47 AM
autopilot autopilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 231
autopilot is on a distinguished road
I have aslo spoken to www.gpsmidlands.co.uk and i am of the opinion it's true.

Why would a legit company lie? The are mobile and GPS software developers for some major companies.

  #11  
Old 23-07-2007, 12:27 PM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,686
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
I have aslo spoken to www.gpsmidlands.co.uk and i am of the opinion it's true.

Why would a legit company lie? The are mobile and GPS software developers for some major companies.
I considered that question, in case they were just trying to make a quick profit from the 0871 CS line (10p/minute) but they also replied via email (no cost).

I think it's probably true. We will know for sure on Thursday morning if the link is back on their website homepage.
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

Last edited by dez_borders; 23-07-2007 at 12:35 PM.

  #12  
Old 23-07-2007, 12:35 PM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,686
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo-9 View Post
well if it was true which i doubt that company has got it, it would have been bought and on the net by now, trust me if and when its really available it will be all over the net.
If the patch is tied to a single IMEI or TT Activation Code, you won't see it all over the net for free.
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

  #13  
Old 23-07-2007, 07:48 PM
srw985 srw985 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 416
srw985 is on a distinguished road
How they gonna block the cracked software, as the softwares original, just the maps are activated with keygens via PC, arent they?

Surely if TomTom cant check when you connect to TomTom Plus then how can the patch work?

I would pay £30 to use internal GPS anyway, you can get external for nearly half that on ebay now. Decent ones too, i got a 44 channel thingy for £21 delivered
__________________
Nokia 3310 > Nokia N-Gage > Sony Ericcson K700i > Motorola E1000 (ugh)> Nokia N80 > Nokia N95 > Samsung Omnia i900 (no thanks) > Samsung i8510

  #14  
Old 23-07-2007, 09:48 PM
autopilot autopilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 231
autopilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srw985 View Post
I would pay 30 to use internal GPS anyway, you can get external for nearly half that on ebay now. Decent ones too, i got a 44 channel thingy for 21 delivered
Sorry for being pedantic, but just as other people are reading i must point out that 44 channel receivers are a sales gimmick. There is nowhere near 44 sats in the sky, the max ever visible at any point is 12. Greater number of channels is not equal to greater quality or performance. In fact, you should be suspicious of any devices that uses such a claim.

  #15  
Old 23-07-2007, 09:52 PM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,686
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srw985 View Post
How they gonna block the cracked software, as the softwares original, just the maps are activated with keygens via PC, arent they?

Surely if TomTom cant check when you connect to TomTom Plus then how can the patch work?

I would pay £30 to use internal GPS anyway, you can get external for nearly half that on ebay now. Decent ones too, i got a 44 channel thingy for £21 delivered
Not being awkward, but £21 is not half of £39.99.

Who knows how they will be able to check if the app is cracked or keygen'd?
TomTom told gpsmidlands to fix the license code-check issue before selling the patch.

TomTom is (IMO) the best Symbian GPS App, and I don't want to carry a phone and a Bluetooth GPS, then worry which unit's battery will go flat first during Navigation. Therefore I might consider paying for the gpsmidlands patch. However, If TomTom release an official patch to TT6.03 (free) a week later I would be very angry.

On the other hand, if TT wait until V7 before supporting the N95 Internal GPS Receiver, the upgrade cost from V6 to V7 is likely to be a lot more than £30.

All pretty academic at the moment as the patch is not currently available.
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

Last edited by dez_borders; 23-07-2007 at 09:55 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
information, lockedtomtom, n95, patch, scam, thread, warning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy