All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-07-2007, 10:47 PM

dev435 is on a distinguished road
Angry answers please!!!!!!!

ok i'm done after 3 hours of trawling through this forum i'm still none the wiser on how to use the gps, route 66, install, sign this document,sign that document put maps here shove the usb where the sun doesn't shine throw phone through window..............
for god sake before my wife divorces me can someone please tell me what the hell to do and please don't say look in the forum cos i have thanks.
oh and a good starting point my pc doesn't recognise the n95 as a mass storage device for some bloody reason!!!!

i will be eternally in your debt if you can sort this for me i have downloaded the required route 66 software correct version as listed in this forum unsigned as well thanks if you help you are god like!!!!!!!
Ads

Old 18-07-2007, 11:00 PM

Thugster is on a distinguished road
your PC wont recognise it as a mass-storage device without a memory card in there.

Do you want to use Route66? or just want to use GPS? if just GPS (the one supplied with the phone) you will need a memory card. If you wanna go through the devcert thing with signing apps and stuff, tbh i dont think it works anymore, i tried last night, and the website that gives you the certificate now requires your account to be given permission to do it

Old 19-07-2007, 07:13 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev435 View Post
ok i'm done after 3 hours of trawling through this forum i'm still none the wiser on how to use the gps, route 66, install, sign this document,sign that document put maps here shove the usb where the sun doesn't shine throw phone through window..............
Firstly there's only one version of R66 that supports the N95 GPS receiver, and that needs 'signed'.
Unfortunately the self-signing website has been offline for several weeks so there's no way you can do the self-sign step at present.

When you connect your data cable to the PC, what happens on the N95 display?
Does it ask you to choose the mode, or does it automatically connect to PC Suite without asking you?
If it asks you to choose the mode, what does it display on the N95 screen after you select Mass Storage Mode?

If you're already connected to PC Suite I don't know if you can change to Mass Storage mode without first disconnecting manually from PC Suite.
Try unloading/exiting the PC Suite app completely before you connect the data cable.

Try a different USB port for the Mass Storage mode problem if all else fails.