All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 AM

winker is on a distinguished road
Mobile Navigation Software

Has anyone managed to get any type of speed camera notification with Route66 or any other Navigation package running on their n95

The GPS is ace and so much easier than having to keep digging out the dash mount...but the fact the speed cameras are not on does knock it back a little.

Cheers in advance

Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 AM

robgreb is on a distinguished road
Navicore

Navicore (www.navicoretech.com) works well on the N95, but not (yet) with the internal GPS receiver. It has speed camera information, user-defined POIs and a free traffic information service.

(Not connected with the company, just a happy customer.)

Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 AM

winker is on a distinguished road
Oh I got excited then until u said it didnt work with internal GPS!!!!

SULK....

Old 06-07-2007, 12:07 PM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Co-Pilot works with the internal GPS receiver, and has AFAIK, some speed camera info? May be wrong, but could be worth looking into....

I'm hopefully getting an N95 in a week or so, was going to get Co-Pilot as well due to the compatibility thing.
RM-530
E72-1

Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 PM

autopilot is on a distinguished road
Yes, Copilot is the best GPS software for the N95. It does indeed support custom user installable POI, i.e.camera locations.

BTW, I have lost count of how many time thats been posted on these forums. These are the worst forum i have ever been on for people asking the same quaestions over and over and over without searching first. FFS people, use the seach function!

Old 06-07-2007, 04:17 PM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
Yes, Copilot is the best GPS software for the N95. It does indeed support custom user installable POI, i.e.camera locations.

BTW, I have lost count of how many time thats been posted on these forums. These are the worst forum i have ever been on for people asking the same quaestions over and over and over without searching first. FFS people, use the seach function!
Yes, you do have a valid point re the same questions being asked, esp this one re Co-Pilot, but then again, the search function can take ages to trawl through all the responses, can be a bit of a nightmare!

It doesn't take much though, just to reply with a couple of lines guiding people in the right direction.

cheers.
RM-530
E72-1

Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 PM

autopilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Yes, you do have a valid point re the same questions being asked, esp this one re Co-Pilot, but then again, the search function can take ages to trawl through all the responses, can be a bit of a nightmare!

It doesn't take much though, just to reply with a couple of lines guiding people in the right direction.

cheers.
People should not be lazy then, it's hardly a nightmare.

If you want to write a couple of lines fair enough, but the person asking the question is not going a get as good as response as previous people did because people are sick of hearing the same thing and dont want to answer it again. So it's actually more beneficial to search, than to get a muted response. Furthermore, it just bogs down the forums and new thread more quickly.
Ads