All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
7610 Moderator

Vicky is on a distinguished road
Loss Plastic Noise from E90

Well I don’t know everybody is facing this or now
I am facing, whenever I take my E90 and whenever I grip harder I listen a noise of plastic, like there is no base from that place.

I have put a picture of the location (location is just down to IR port) and when I press harder the gap between the phone and battery cover goes less from the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nokia-e90-communicator1.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	3704  

Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 PM

OngL is on a distinguished road
I had it in memory card cover and worse in loudspeaker... not really in battery cover. Just ignore it

Old 25-07-2007, 06:27 PM

hydrashok is on a distinguished road
Same problem here, Ricky! I keep hearing the sound when I'm using the QWERTY :( Driving me nuts. Every other panel is tight. Just this part creaks.

Old 26-07-2007, 03:16 PM
7610 Moderator

Vicky is on a distinguished road
Same here with me! i think we should ignore it..

Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 AM

nik.hisham is on a distinguished road
I get this noise too. If looking at the keyboard, its right behind the backspace key. Out of curiosity, I went to a couple of shops to check on their units and found that there is no creaking noise on any of them.

Further, my unit does not sit level on the table. It kind of stands on the front right and rear left rubber 'feet', so it wobbles. And just as expected, the new units I checked didn't exhibit this flaw either.

I'm thinking that I'm suffering from 'first batch flaws'

(Mine, I was told, was the first batch that reached Malaysia. The ones that I checked later at the shop at newer batches.)

Nik

Old 26-09-2007, 11:52 AM

GavinK151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.hisham View Post
I get this noise too. If looking at the keyboard, its right behind the backspace key. Out of curiosity, I went to a couple of shops to check on their units and found that there is no creaking noise on any of them.

Further, my unit does not sit level on the table. It kind of stands on the front right and rear left rubber 'feet', so it wobbles. And just as expected, the new units I checked didn't exhibit this flaw either.

I'm thinking that I'm suffering from 'first batch flaws'

(Mine, I was told, was the first batch that reached Malaysia. The ones that I checked later at the shop at newer batches.)

Nik
Reviving this thread just to say that I have this problem with the newer model (the one with the bevelled keyboard) so its not just the first version.

Old 26-09-2007, 12:21 PM

zviangi is on a distinguished road
I have this too, bought E90 few days ago, at the speakerm near camera, also battery cover moves

Old 26-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zviangi View Post
I have this too, bought E90 few days ago, at the speakerm near camera, also battery cover moves
near the camera button yeah?

well I know how to fix the wobbly battery cover as mine was really loose - I ordered a reaplcement cover from

http://www.telecomtelecom.eu/index.php?p=5&id=8561

took about 5 days or so and it is waaaaaaaay more solid now. I dont know why a replacement cover helped but it did. Problem is, now the ONLY loose bit is that side panel near the camera button!!!!!

Old 26-09-2007, 09:33 PM

FYI I was looking at the E90 service manual and it seems the creaky panel on the side covers the antenna. There are supposedly 2 clips holding it on along the side part.....

I might try some blu-tak :-)

Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 PM

zviangi is on a distinguished road
go ahead it will be definitely needed for baterry also, as it moves inside

Old 08-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zviangi View Post
go ahead it will be definitely needed for baterry also, as it moves inside
Oh you have a problem with the battery moving too? I dont think I have this - just the really crappy side panel.

I dont know if I am too much of a perfectionist but it really bothers me. I am scared to try and "fix" the creaky side panel in case I make it worse

I wonder if a Nokia care center would be able to do anything about it? I am HIGHLY skeptical....

Old 16-10-2007, 01:20 PM

mitor is on a distinguished road
Problem solved

Only had my E90 about a week and the only problem with it is the creaking (mine was very bad and along the whole of the case)

Thought the comment that changing the battery cover fixed it was quite interesting so had a little look. Sure enough, the battery is VERY loose around it's narrowest point.

Simply take a bit of standard A4 paper and trim so that it covers the back of the battery and just slips down on either side of the battery (it's left and right sides with the phone standing vertical candy bar style). I managed to get two bits of paper in there and it's like having a new phone; all creaking gone.

I'll do a long term test review of the E90 for my website and I'll certainly mention these points, Nokia's quality control does seem poor of late. Still It's the best phone I've ever used and It's great that it doesn't now sound like a cheap knock off!
Ads

Old 17-10-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitor View Post
Only had my E90 about a week and the only problem with it is the creaking (mine was very bad and along the whole of the case)
Hi, do you mean it was creaking along the side - the side bit where the camera button is located)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitor View Post
Thought the comment that changing the battery cover fixed it was quite interesting so had a little look. Sure enough, the battery is VERY loose around it's narrowest point.
For me getting a new batery cover only fixed the fact that the battery *cover* that came with the phone was loose... but as I understand your post, your suggested fix is with regard to the actual battery itself moving about - is that correct?

I wish there was a similar simple remedy for the creaky side panel! Its driving me nuts...

Old 24-10-2007, 11:02 AM

JaimieV is on a distinguished road
I get a slight creak from the plastic panel when starting to use the right-hand end of the keyboard, but it stops after a couple of presses. I did have the rattling battery and fixed that with a paper wedge.

Mine's the bevelled-keyboard version.