All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 15-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Billy D

Thumbs down Motorola Z8

Hate it Hate it. Hate it. Had mine for a year of an 18 month sentence. Texting is the bain of my life. When opening a text it takes about 10 seconds for the message to display. The predictive text is crazy. Every time I go to text "and" it gives me the option of "And" or "Come on England"???? Which I texted once as I watched Emgland get beat by Croatia at Wembley. What is that all about. Everything is just SLOW SLOW SLOW.

Due for an upgrade in March and I am looking forward to a Nokia 3310 which would be an improvement.

By the way, nice screen. Have watched the fist 10 minutes of The Bourne Identity onit. Let's e honst - who watches whole films on their mobile? I mean, come on, Get a laptop for God's sake, if you need to watch films on the train!!!
Ads

Old 03-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down The Z8......

This phone drives me mad - it's SO un-user friendly and unstable!!! For instance when you create a calendar entry, instead of displaying "OK" or "Save" it lists only "Cancel" which then gives you the Question 'Do you wish to save?'; followed by the option of "No" "Ok" and "Yes". What are the difference of OK and Yes....you tell me!!! It gets so hot its untrue. It crashes lots. Its menus are more confusing and disastrous than our London mayor!!

If you are used to Motorola phones then try a Nokia or SonyEricsson 100x times better phones; If you are used to Nokia or Sony Ericsson - dont get this phone it will cause you endless frustration!

Overall:
Phone Design - Good (except the buttons)
Camera - OK (flash is naff)
MP3 - Terrible (Functionality drives me MAD, MAD, MAD. You have to put all MP3 files in a single folder; try finding a program that still does that)
Video - OK
Calenda - Poor (So un-user friendly)
PC Software - Terrible (So un-user friendly)
Motorola Website - Terrible (had not even heard of the Z8!!!)
Battery Life - Poor (jumps from Full to empty and the 240v - USB plug in charger for some reason is different to any other chargers i.e. blackberry & SPVs dont work with it )

Conclusion:
Dont buy it

Note to people who designed it - Plan for testing your phones next time!!! And also please look at what other phones and MP3 players do...its called 'testing the market'