All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

thanks

Hi, Great review very helpful, I had/have also given up on motorola completely until I heard about the Z8, Im particulary interested to know the general speed of switching between app's and using functions as earlier symbian smart phones (Including the Nokia N95) have "Once again" let me down as a sluggish function greedy smart phone.I hoping for faster crisper response on this new motorola os.
thanks

Old 20-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

meadle

i got this phone on tuesday and took it back on thursday! battery life is poor and the software on the phone is the least intuitive software i have ever found. annoyed annoyed annoyed so i took it back and got a decent phone! shame really because i thought it was quite cool... until i owned one.

Old 25-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Z8 question

Nice review. Like the look of it, and am thinking of getting one. Does it have the 'auto answer after 2,5, .. seconds' when connected to b/tooth headset or car kit as per the V3 etc. Does it have the voice dial feature?

Old 27-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Very Good

Great Review I received my Z8 2 days ago and im very very pleased with it.
Ads

Old 31-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

k850:(

about SE k850i, i think they'd better to use that wonderful softkey uiq interface instead of new s40ish something awful.. with its gorgeous 5mp camera this could be very nice. they missed vast number of applications. actually SE would shift all walkman and cybershot phones to that softkey uiq. at that time their hand will become more stronger than now in the competition with nokia s60. With the announcement of Z8 motorola shows they can see that

Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

where does the charger plug in? Will it work in a Mecedes Benz Blue tooth UHI adapter -- a V3 one?

Old 13-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

motorola z8

personally i hate this mobile for the fact that it is impossible to text with!!!!!
the key pad is horrid.....u end up with sore fingers trying to push the things they are ment to be touch sensitive... i think they lied lol!!!

if u are after the mobile for its features ie the movies then its amazin the pic quality is fab!!!!!! only thing that lets this mobile down is the size of the screen (hard to c the film) and the key pad

over all tho an ace mobile just not for sum1 thats texts alot

Old 19-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

good / bad

this phone looks amzing and everyonve thinks its cool the video quality is great a well as the clearness of the bourne identity on the phone. but i have had this phone less than a week and there are several problems if you cahrge the battery at the start of the day it will be flat by the end. also it crashes a lot and for some reason althought i have 56mb free on the phone and 129mb on the sd card when i try and play certain songs it displays an error - memory full or not ready etc. whats all that about personally there are too many faults liek this and it crashes to oftne not impressed

Old 28-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

i have this phone and it is a really good phone you get 80 bluetooth headphones bundeld free, yes it does have a few tiny bugs but overall its a great phne amazing screen

Old 03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Angry z8 nightmare

khbgascx

Old 18-10-2007, 09:14 AM

VaRo is on a distinguished road
Default themes from Z8

Im looking for default themes from Z8. Do you have any of users? Pls, sent me them. ICQ or email. Thx! ;o)

Old 27-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Smile Hands on experience of the Z8 phone.

The phone is not too big. I had a Motorola V3, which is a small phone, the Z8 is bigger, but still fits in your trousers' pocket easily. The phone looks much better in real life than on pictures, the menus are extensive, and at first I got lost in it. But now, after having used it for a week it feels like every Motorola, even the menus look familiar. The OS is a bit unstable sometimes, I had to restart it twice last week by removing the battery. Also a new microSD card (2GB) was installed, but I could not format it for both Windows and Symbian. I still have to find out how to do that. It also produces some trouble with video and photos.
I also use the stereo bluetooth function with the package S9 head phones. It works like it should, but sometimes it loses connection, depending on what is between the phone and the headphone (myself for instance).
Calling, a function so last century for a phone, but quite essential to me, is good. Clear sound, good reception, fast searching in the contact list.
I also used the camera, but even a 2 MP camera is no match for a 6 MP Fuji S7000 camera, video is nice, but for close range only. But as an ipod, a camera, a videocamera, a media viewer, a phone and what else in one package it is OK and for a mere 450 euros you can't buy all the included equipment seperately.
Frank, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Question motorola z8

best phone

Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Talking z8 i no y u dont like it

guys, the problem is u dont charge it 4 24 hrs b4 use, so that ruins the battery life.!!!!!

and if u get it from o2 well dont!!! get it from MOTOROLA they check if it is faulty before they giv it....

yes, the keypad is bad... but motorola giv u these touch sensitive thing 2 use on it 4 only 10p!!!

my z8 is perfect, and just upgrade firmware OTA (over the air) and the applicications start up very fast indeed.

the perfect phone, and i got a mic upgrade 4 free!!!

Old 31-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Don't

buy it, this phone is a waste of money. I'm only 16 so I was looking for a modern state of the art mobile. Worked fine for the first couple of months but then one day it just suddenly switched itself off and wouldn't turn on. It then rebooted all the time until eventually I got it to work (until I try to charge it that is). It now takes me roughly half an hour to get the charger working on the phone due to the fact that when I plug it in, the phone suddenly drains of battery and states 'Wrong battery inserted', it will then switch off, restart and the same process will happen approximately ten times until it decides to work correctly. Phone can last a couple of days without charge if only texting, however, if a call is neccessary the battery will decrease very quickly. I've read other reviews on the internet about this phone and they all seem to have the same problem. Motorola really need to re-think the making of this phone because it's honestly driving me up the wall and I'm considering taking it back.