All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
Easy way to get Albulm Art on N95

Hi all,

Well very early this morning i couldn't sleep so whilst waiting for my OxyNorm to kick in was bored and had gone to Google Images to see what they had in the way of Album art well they seem to have everything in various sizes.

I had noticed on the N95 once in Albums view that under options it actually has Album art and clicking it takes you to your gallery which got me thinking.

So back i went to Google images and looked up the Album Art for the albums i have so far on the N95 just clicked and saved them to my pictures on my laptop and then connected my N95 and copied them to my images folder. All i then had to do was go to each Album and select Album Art and then attach the correct cover which to put it mildly is very easy. I choose the largest resolution i could find which was 500 x 500 but some were much smaller and all seem to work as well as each other so if space is an issue just chose the medium to smallest as the difference is from 2kb to 6kb with little or no visual difference IMO. But with this method you no longer have to worry about trying to embed the Art work with the tracks as it automatically attaches for all the tracks in the Album i hope this helps anyone trying to get Album Art on the N95 but IMO Nokia really couldn't of made it any easier for us.

Marc

Old 21-06-2007, 05:57 AM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
but don't you then have to worry about the fact that your gallery is now full of album art?

Old 21-06-2007, 08:12 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsfrwll View Post
but don't you then have to worry about the fact that your gallery is now full of album art?
You could probably just make the images hidden as in another thread

Old 21-06-2007, 09:06 AM

@all,

Well currently i have 10 albums but even when i add more i must admit it's not something i am going find to be a problem really. Does the Album art no appear in the gallery any way same as Tom Tom maps do on other N series devices.

Marc

Old 21-06-2007, 09:10 AM

I don't know. It seems like an awful lot of "faff". I don't seem to have any problem with album art copying across, so thankfully don't have to go to these lengths.

Old 21-06-2007, 12:50 PM

superswede is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsfrwll View Post
Nope, I've tried this and you can safely remove the pics from your gallery when you're done and there will stil be album art covers when using the player.

Old 21-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswede View Post
Nope, I've tried this and you can safely remove the pics from your gallery when you're done and there will stil be album art covers when using the player.
Good answer. Thanks. At least that means the Media app makes its own image file.

Old 21-06-2007, 02:56 PM

@superswede

many thanks for checking that out as it does answer what some might of felt was a problem as i said it really doesn't bother me.

Marc
Ads