All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 AM

IVAN__V is on a distinguished road
6260 camera starts by itself on folded

Hello. I have a Nokia 6260 and it was working fine yestarday. Now if i fold the phone i can see , if i slowly raise the top part, i can see the screen lighting up then off and on then off, for ever. It's the camera wich start by itself and then the phone knows it's suposed to be in folded position and closes the camera , and then the camera starts again and the phone closes it again , and so on. And in unfolded mode as soon as the light goes out the camera starts and it lights up the screen again. I press exit for the camera to close and as son as the light closes it repreats the hole thing. Also if i go to seting > screen> brightnes and turn it off completly it instantly stars the camera.
I know there are a few ,3-4, magnets inside the hinge. How do i onep the hinge, cause it seams to reuire some special nokia tool. It think one of the magnets has moved out of place and it trigers a sensor when it's not suposed to , and the camera thinks it's in foto mode. . But if a rotate the screen 180 dgr. and fold it over the butons then the camera doesn't start on its own anymore, but as soon as the light go off the butons located on the top aprt , menu, pencil, left,right, etc stom working until i switch the screen around. Like the hinge is stuck on 2 positions at the same time . Also if i fold the phone , and the screen /lights/unlights for ever, if i listen very close to the hinge area, i can hear a very very small buzzing sound when the light switches on/off. Please help me

This is a video of the problem. www DOT box DOT net/shared/9o96h0gr63
Remove dot and spaces

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
If you already know, that is a firmware problem, go to Nokia Service, because the phone is on Warranty!
Ads