All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-05-2007, 07:52 AM

suspkt is on a distinguished road
Dodgy main camera

just aquired the N95 bout 3-4 days ago... everything was going along peachy untill the main camera decided to stop working. No matter how i start the camera all that appears are the function buttons on the side, where the image should be, its just the current themes background. I can start the secondary camera from that screen and it works fine. there is no other problem. i believe its just the firmware since ive only had the fone for 3 days and it hasnt been dropped or had anything wrong done to it... any help wud be much appreciated!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:23 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Could be some kind of problem with the shutter, perhaps it doesn't recognise that its open ( I assume you have opened it, lol)

Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Since already has another firmware version, do the upgrade, just in case... Could be the solution.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 AM

lol its not the shutter... i open it, the camera app opens, but the view thru the camera never comes up... all i see is the background (same background as in the menu for example), reception and battery and camera function buttons, no exit or setting labels come up either... and if i go thru the settings, little tough to explain but ill try, they kinda just stay on the background and as u scroll thru more and more they just remain against the background.. kinda like an old comp when u moved a window and it left that trail... if that makes any sense =S

ill try the firmware upgrade.. wudnt be able to link me to where it is im finding this place a little confusing lol
Ads

Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 AM

moyhim is on a distinguished road
just try a hard reset first

back up all ur data onto pc and even sim contacts.

make sure you have full charge
power off phone.

Power on phone whil holding buttons '*' '3' 'green call button'

wait a few minutes, when Phone comes back on, hopefully everything shud be right, if not try the FW upgrade, n if that dont work, try and return to manufacturer

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM

sigh... hard reset no go.... updated firmware, worked first time i opened the app.. then next time i opened it same deal... ARGH stupid nokia *throws it against the wall*