All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-04-2007, 09:37 AM

Squiffle is on a distinguished road
How do we delete emails AND headers from email accounts on N95?

Hi all, hope you can help...

.. Iv tried every way I can find, to delete the mass of old emails in my email box (x3 accounts) on the N95.

Iv tried restoring all emails and deteting from Phone and server.. (by marking all)........... Iv tried it from phone whilst not connected and also whilst being connected to my mail box.. it says its doing it, but I am always left with hundreds of headers... have you got any clue how to rectify this and delete mails and headers from the N95?

Any ideas greatfully accepted..

Angie
x

Old 23-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Bust is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem. I ended up marking all, and selected delete, think the only way the headers went though was to be connected to the mailbox at the time. I know it took some messing around, but I think you have to be connected to remove the headers.

Bust

Old 24-04-2007, 08:50 AM

Hiya, thanks for your reply.. Im still struggling though..

Iv tried several times whilst connected to mail box to delete them from phone and server.. again, it said it was deleteing them but once completed the headers are all still there..

how exactly did u do it?

I connected to mail box, restored all emails, marked all, and deleted... said deleting them all... then when finished.. all headers remain.. iv tried deleteing just the headers but its not having that either...

any feedback - much appreciated..

cheers
Anj

Old 24-04-2007, 11:07 AM

Ahaa - we have the answer!

Hi,

Ok, the crucial point is this... once u have requested to delete the mails from server and phone (they then show as having a red strike through the email icon message header), and you are connected to the mail box.. u need to manually, (and immediately) back out of the whole application by exiting.

It will ask if you really want to disconnect - don't lose faith - say yes!

It will then say disconnecting and this is when it does what its meant to be doing by deleteing headers and emails from both server n phone. (u have to choose this option or the header will ramain on phone if u just choose delete from phone)

By manually exiting out of the application, it somehow kickstarts the update..

and Voila.. one phone minus 10000's email headers.. all fresh to start again!

;O)

This came courtesy of the Nokia club - I hope they didnt charge me 75p a min, as I was on for 23mins!........ ek!

Old 25-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Alastair is on a distinguished road
This tip deserves to go in a 'Top Tips' sticky!

Alastair

Old 25-04-2007, 11:38 AM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post
Hi,

Ok, the crucial point is this... once u have requested to delete the mails from server and phone (they then show as having a red strike through the email icon message header), and you are connected to the mail box.. u need to manually, (and immediately) back out of the whole application by exiting.

It will ask if you really want to disconnect - don't lose faith - say yes!

It will then say disconnecting and this is when it does what its meant to be doing by deleteing headers and emails from both server n phone. (u have to choose this option or the header will ramain on phone if u just choose delete from phone)

By manually exiting out of the application, it somehow kickstarts the update..

and Voila.. one phone minus 10000's email headers.. all fresh to start again!

;O)

This came courtesy of the Nokia club - I hope they didnt charge me 75p a min, as I was on for 23mins!........ ek!

.......or you could have just read page 88 of the manual

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Old 21-05-2007, 03:39 PM

zeberdy is on a distinguished road
Re deleting Emails N95

Ok I think i finally understand this But surely there has to be a method to mass delete emails instead of having to marke each one in turn and delete it.

I suppose I could delete the mail box and then create it again but this seems daft or am I missing something ?

I have my N95 set to automatiaclly pick up all my mail so I get about 10 a day it shows me the headers if it is important I open up and read but not found an easy way to delete these yet.

Also interested if anyone has found a reasonable priced folding keyboard that works with N95.

Thanks

Zeberdy

Old 21-05-2007, 04:50 PM

HoundDog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeberdy View Post
Ok I think i finally understand this But surely there has to be a method to mass delete emails instead of having to marke each one in turn and delete it.
You can hold the pencil key down and press down and it'll highlight as it goes.
Ads