All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-04-2007, 10:40 AM

hassan14a is on a distinguished road
Firmware update turned phone into English from Danish

Hello.
Sorry for the long title .

Ok here is the thing, im from denmark and i bought my Nokia N73 in denmark so its danish and i like it that way.

I don't mind it being english now, but i do mind that i can't even choose danish anymore.

My Pc Suite is danish so there for when i pressed the Software update i would pressume it gave me a danish version of the firmware update.

I was wrong and the phone turned out english.
I googled for the danish version of the software and found it in nokia's danish site. So this time i uninstall the english version of Software updater and install the danish one, i tell it to overwrite the firmware update and not presuming that it would be like when i got the phone with danish as standard language.

So now i really want it back to normal, i have tried the resetting of the phone, but it only just resettet the settings.

So anyone know how to fix this? Maybe make some sort of backtracking and get some old firmware and update to the new one again with only the danish software this time?

Firmware version is the newset V3.0704.1.0.1.
Please help me
Ads

Old 20-04-2007, 03:09 PM

VinterKrig is on a distinguished road
Did You upgrade using denmark´s nokia site?
Code:
http://www.nokia.dk/support/software/softwareupdate.php
And did You select danish version?

"Vaelg et sprog, der skal downloades" and selected Dansk?

I think You may have selected english by accident?

In your pants, I´d live with your current firmware till the next, it won´t be a long wait. I don´t no if it´s possible to downgrade, but I suspect not. Also read carefully the procedure what You have to do before upgrading phone´s software.

Last edited by VinterKrig; 20-04-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Old 20-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Yep im sure i selected danish since the software update application is all in danish .

Old 22-04-2007, 12:23 PM

I just found out that the t9 dictionary has no knowledge of danish words which is quite annoying when you write to your friends.

Old 25-04-2007, 12:47 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
The Nokia Software Updater (NSU) updates the phone with the latest version of the firmware that was on the phone when it was manufactured.

So, if a language disappears when you use NSU, then the phone was originally manufactured for some other region/country and after that imported more or less illegally by a, so called, "grey" importer, and then again more or less illegally reflashed to a different firmware variant than what it it originally had.

When you then use NSU on such a device, the device is restored to what it had originally. Ask if a local Nokia repair center is willing to put a firmware version that includes Danish on it. NSU won't let you.

Old 16-05-2007, 10:39 PM

razvanell4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan14a View Post
Hello.
Sorry for the long title .

Ok here is the thing, im from denmark and i bought my Nokia N73 in denmark so its danish and i like it that way.

I don't mind it being english now, but i do mind that i can't even choose danish anymore.

My Pc Suite is danish so there for when i pressed the Software update i would pressume it gave me a danish version of the firmware update.

I was wrong and the phone turned out english.
I googled for the danish version of the software and found it in nokia's danish site. So this time i uninstall the english version of Software updater and install the danish one, i tell it to overwrite the firmware update and not presuming that it would be like when i got the phone with danish as standard language.

So now i really want it back to normal, i have tried the resetting of the phone, but it only just resettet the settings.

So anyone know how to fix this? Maybe make some sort of backtracking and get some old firmware and update to the new one again with only the danish software this time?

Firmware version is the newset V3.0704.1.0.1.
Please help me

go find a code for dennmark and with nss put in your phone.Nokia updates phones with software correspondent to this code.mine foe example was first plain n73 from spain , updated with a code for music edition that proved to be from hong kong and it installed only english and chinese.thank god for english.

next i have looked for a code for romania, my country and now i have firmware with east european languages including romanian .so beware of the region that the code is for.what will you do with only chinese for example.

no mal intention for the chinese people , but we can't read
your writing

Old 17-05-2007, 09:06 AM

Pawlee is on a distinguished road
yeah i was gonna say this could be due to a problem with reflashin your firmware...