All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-04-2007, 02:14 PM

djbtrad. is on a distinguished road
Unlock a Nokia N95 on Vodafone??!!

I have been trying so hard to unlock this handset. I want to use it o2 but its locked to Vodafone.

I have purcahsed a rubbish unlocking software on ebay that didnt work. After that i rang vodafone and paid for the unlock code - even that hasn't worked properly.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO UNLCOK THE N95 WITH A GIVEN CODE. (E.G. WITH A SIM CARD OR NOT? / WHICH SCREEN DO YOU ENTER THE CODE?)

Old 19-04-2007, 02:26 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Get back onto Vodafone, if you paid them for something that doesn't work then get em to refund you. Maybe try taking the phone and code to a Nokia Service Center though, they might have more luck.

Old 30-04-2007, 12:27 PM

kingmobilephone is on a distinguished road
unlock code vodafone nokia n95 (Debrand service also available)

We are also offering the unlock code service for nokia N95 (vodafone UK only)... cost is £20 and turn around time is 2-5 working days after the payment by paypal has been made . What we require is only your IMEI

For N95 on other networks (eg, orange T-mobile 3 etc), we can only unlock it if you bring the phone to us in shop in LONDON

Regarding the question of how to unput the unlock code after u have received it from us, I put one example below of what you will get from us after the payment has been made.

-------------

Dear sir / madam,

The unlock code for Nokia 95: 35225501141XXXX is #pw+544098553178696+1#

- step to follow:

1) remove the sim card from phone
2) turn on the phone
3) input the following code #pw+544098553178696+1# ((Very Important Note: "p" will be shown when u press the STAR ( * ) key TWICE, while "w" will be shown when u press the STAR ( * ) key THREE times and "+" will be shown when u press the STAR ( * ) button FOUR times))
4) also, pls input all number and symobol in ONE minute time period
5) Once the code is input, you shall see "RESTRICTION OFF"
6) Phone is now unlocked

Contact us 07788996001 or sales@kingmobilephone.com

Please kindly note that the phone CANNOT be entered with wrong codes more than 2 times before, otherwise, it won't allow you to re-enter a new code even it is the correct one, the phone will show a message ' NOT ALLOWED' (see below software to check). If this is the case, we cannot find the code for you.

If you bought the phone from someone else / e-bay and you are not sure if someone has input the wrong unlock code before, please use the software below to check it:

Software You can test the unlock code input count by the following software :

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/NSS103812.zip

and instruction of how to read the counter

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/BB5Restore/bb5read.htm

Normally, the key code count should be "0" if no one has tried to input unlock code before , but if the key code count read "3", it means someone has already tried the unlock code 3 times, then it means you will not be able to input anymore unlock code. Then, the only option is to come to our shop to unlock it locally.

IMPORTANT: We won't accept any blacklist / blocked/ barred phone(s).

If you are interested, please e-mail us to sales@kingmobilephone.com

Last edited by kingmobilephone; 13-10-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:51 PM

hb328_dtdd is on a distinguished road
how come mine does not say "insert sim" ?
mine just goes straight into flight mode if the phone does not have a sim in it.
so can i still enter the unlock code even though it does not say "insert sim" ?

thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 PM

llaadd is on a distinguished road
hi, yes you can, and if you have already paid vodaphone for the code, do NOT buy the codes from anyone else, you will just get hte same one again!

IMPORTANT: you ONLY have 5 tries to enter the code, after that you will have to sent to the network that it's locked to, to do it.

IMPORTANT: NEVER buy unlock codes off ebay, it aint worth the risk...a lot sell fake programmes and make stupid claims that the program works a certain percentage of the time. THIS IS NOT TRUE, the codes generated are completely random and NEVER work.

enter the code as above, ignore step 3 if it loads in flight mode automatically.

if you still have problems then contact Vodafone, i have a problems a long time ago, and i actually just sent the phone to them, and they did it!

Old 21-05-2007, 11:28 AM

kingmobilephone is on a distinguished road
llaadd

what u said is really true about those fake stuffs on ebay, but for the unlock code we provide is NOT from any code generator.

The code we are providing is from the vodafone database, so it's 100% works..

BUT like llaadd said, if u have tried the FAKE unlock code more than 3 times, u won't be able to the unlock code method anymore. The phone will tell you "NOT ALLOWED" even you input a right code.

So if u have tried the FAKE UNLOCK CODES before, I want to say here that the unlock code we provide WON'T work on your phone as after 3 wrong codes, u won't be allowed to unlock the phoen via CODE anymore for security reason.

If you bought the phone from someone else, and not sure if the phone has been messed.. u can use NSS to check the code counter.

Normally, "clean" phone should show 0 in the code counter, but

If the counter shows THREE (3)...it means someone has already tried the WRONG unlock code and phone can't be unlocked via code method.

Last edited by kingmobilephone; 15-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Old 21-05-2007, 08:29 PM

hb328_dtdd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmobilephone View Post
llaadd

what u said is really true about those fake stuffs on ebay, but for the unlock code we provide is NOT from any code generator.

The code we are providing is from the vodafone database, so it's 100% works..

BUT like llaadd said, if u have tried the FAKE unlock code more than 5 times, u won't be able to the unlock code method anymore. The phone will tell you "NOT ALLOWED" even you input a right code.

So if u have tried the FAKE UNLOCK CODES before, I want to say here that the unlock code we provide WON'T work on your phone as after 5 wrong codes, u won't be allowed to unlock the phoen via CODE anymore for security reason.

No disrespect but do you HONESTLY know how to unlock the N95's?
1. N95 does not say "insert sim" (I noticed you edited your post after my comment)
2. N95 does not give you "FIVE" tries !
3. Even after all you tries is up there "IS" a way to still unlock the N95 using the code!

At first I thought I would play "dumb" and state my N95 does not say "insert sim" but after seeing you edit your post and then re-advertising your service and STILL GETTING THE INFO WRONG (the FIVE tries part!) I thought I must say something!

Old 23-07-2007, 11:18 PM

sabordab is on a distinguished road
Unlock N95 Codes From Kingmobile

Can anyone give a quick answer and tell me if they have used KINGMOBILE to unlock the N95?

Just a little hesitant after the post where they made a claim about "Insert sim" then they removed it after someone posted a message.

Is it really true

if you wanna answer direct then email my spare address at

thepcstore2 at btinternet dot com

Old 24-07-2007, 06:53 AM

msl79 is on a distinguished road
I unlocked mine by contacting vodafone who gave me the code for free as I travel abroad quite often and needed to use sims from other countries (that's what I said but I suspected I got it for free due to the huge monthly bill I have for making roaming calls .

There's no need to remove sim, I entered a #pw+number with my vodafone sim inside and a message comes up saying operator or sim lock removed.
Ads

Old 24-07-2007, 07:34 AM

Paul N95 is on a distinguished road
This is the email I received from T-Mobile when I asked for an unlocking code for my N95. It says I must have a valid working T-mobile SIM in the phone. I cannot remember now if I tried it with my Orange SIM (The one I keep in it now) or no SIM at all. Eitherway, it certainly was NOT a T-Mobile one. Is that just a last ditch attempt for them to get some moneyout of me?

Dear Paul #####

MODEL -N95
IMEI - 356962#10#213#8
SUB PIN - 720#731#167#906

PROCEDURE…

The unlocking details for your Nokia (MODEL) phone with (IMEI) is (SUB PIN)

• Switch the handset on with an active T-Mobile UK SIM card inside the phone.
• Press the # key once
• Press * key 3 times to display p
• Press * key 4 times to display w
• Press * key twice to display +
• Enter pin number (SUB PIN)
• Press * key twice to display +
• Press 1
• Press the # key

Your phone should now show that the unlocking sequence has been successful. However, if your phone displays an error message like ‘CODE ERROR’ or ‘WRONG CODE’ etc please try another network’s SIM card in your handset to see if the network can be selected, before you give us a ring.

Please be aware that you should make only 2 attempts to unlock your phone. We’re unable to guarantee that all of your mobile’s features will work with another service provider. If you’ve any further questions about your subsidy PIN, please contact our team directly on 01707 311673 and we’ll get back to you within 3 working days.

If you received a CODE ERROR message, you must try to use the handset with another network SIM. This message indicates that the phone is either already unlocked or cannot be unlocked. If you received NOT ALLOWED, CANNOT UNDO, RESTRICTION PROHIBITED or CONTACT SERVICE PROVIDER then the handset again cannot be unlocked. Unfortunately, not all handsets can be unlocked. Nokia offer no explanation as to why this occurs. Subsequently, we cannot guarantee the service. The only course of action is to refund your £15.

Old 24-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Vodafone charge 20 to unlock mobiles they supplied. If you have had the phone for the contract length (12 or 18 months) then they do it for free.

For the sake of 2 Id choose vodafone. If you have already paid vodafone, keep onto them as they now have to unlock your phone.

Apologies if this is wrong, but the price was correct as of a month ago, when I had a phone unlocked.

Old 24-07-2007, 10:07 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Get back onto Vodafone, if you paid them for something that doesn't work then get em to refund you. Maybe try taking the phone and code to a Nokia Service Center though, they might have more luck.
NCC engineers cannot unlock your N95 - Only the Network who locked the handset can provide the unlock code.

I agree with 3Shirts, go back to Vodafone and tell them the code they sold you doesn't work. Vodafone are your only chance.

Old 24-07-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb328_dtdd View Post
No disrespect but do you HONESTLY know how to unlock the N95's?
I believe this company genuinely does have access to the Vodafone Database, but if you are a Vodafone customer I would suggest you go to Vodafone. I would only buy from a company like Kingsmobilephone (no disrespect intended!) if you are not a Vodafone customer (e.g. purchased on eBay) and Voda have refused to sell you the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb328_dtdd View Post
2. N95 does not give you "FIVE" tries !
3. Even after all you tries is up there "IS" a way to still unlock the N95 using the code!
Sorry, but I am afraid I agree with Kingsmobilephone here, HB.

Once all the unlock attempts have been used up, the handset is permanently locked to the network and even Nokia cannot unlock it with a code. It's the same on all Nokia BB5 handsets.

In this situation, one of the main microchips requires to be unsoldered from the motherboard and then replaced. Nokia would be quicker and cheaper just replacing the handset for the work involved. However, if the product code has been changed, or proof of ownership is not available I suggest Nokia would refuse to do this for free.

Old 24-07-2007, 01:24 PM

smiffy07 is on a distinguished road
Paul

Will that code for the T-Mobile work with any N95 linked to T-Mobile or are at the code IMEI specific?
I have one locked to T Mobile so wanted to try the code you have posted.

Old 24-07-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy07 View Post
Paul

Will that code for the T-Mobile work with any N95 linked to T-Mobile or are at the code IMEI specific?
I have one locked to T Mobile so wanted to try the code you have posted.
Life is never that simple, smiffy.

The unlock code is unique for your IMEI number.

You only get a few attempts to unlock a handset, so never type in someone else's code.