All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-04-2007, 02:45 PM

indie is on a distinguished road
N95 rebooting :(

First of all, this is my first thread here so, hello!

Now, on with the show... I've got an N95 on Orange and I've set the web browser to always use an access point I've defined as I hide the SSID of my AP at home.

Because of this, when I'm at work and I go to use Web it automagically tries to connect to the AP I've defined for home so as it's connecting I just press cancel but every time I do that the phone reboots!

I know I can leave it to time out but I'm impatient and my reaction is to just press cancel each time. Does anyone else have any problems like this?

Also I'm using a Linksys WRT300N with the latest firmware and it keeps disconnecting the N95 from the network. Works fine with my MacBook Pro and my old N80. Any ideas? Tried increasing the beacon interval but that didn't help.

Old 17-04-2007, 02:59 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
First of all, this is my first thread here so, hello!

Now, on with the show... I've got an N95 on Orange and I've set the web browser to always use an access point I've defined as I hide the SSID of my AP at home.

Because of this, when I'm at work and I go to use Web it automagically tries to connect to the AP I've defined for home so as it's connecting I just press cancel but every time I do that the phone reboots!

I know I can leave it to time out but I'm impatient and my reaction is to just press cancel each time. Does anyone else have any problems like this?

Also I'm using a Linksys WRT300N with the latest firmware and it keeps disconnecting the N95 from the network. Works fine with my MacBook Pro and my old N80. Any ideas? Tried increasing the beacon interval but that didn't help.
Don't set it to always use your home AP. That way it will ask you which to use each time you connect and in the list of options you will see any aps you've saved (including your home one) and an option to scan for wifi connections.
Ads

Old 17-04-2007, 03:11 PM

indie is on a distinguished road
For some reason that doesn't work, I think it's because I hide my SSID. It must look at the AP's you have defined then do a quick scan to see which SSID's it can see. If any match then it display's it on the list but as my AP doesn't send out it's SSID it never shows up. I have to manually tell Web (and any other app that uses the internet) to use my home AP.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM

spacerec is on a distinguished road
Hi Indie

I'm having the same dis-connecting problem with my WRT300N and N95. It keeps getting disconnected every 20 seconds and i have to start the connection everytime. It's really irritating

Did you manage to resolve your problem. it would really help if you could guide me on this.

Old 24-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Pieczur is on a distinguished road
Guys same problem. My ssid is public. No matter which security i use, wep or mac filter. 20sec more less, and bam connection lost.!!!

I hate to say, but maybe it's linksys.

power safe mode = off. Seems to by ok for my 300n and n95

Last edited by Pieczur; 24-10-2007 at 02:44 PM.