All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-01-2007, 08:55 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraband View Post
Erm wait.. I came here to talk about a dual sim adapter...

but feel compelled to chat about sky...

the sky stuff is pretty damn cool too... especially the remote record stuff... I like that... Im always going out and forgetting to record stuff...

speaking of which... Ugly Betty is on... I dont know why I watch it ... its fricking weird!
Ugly betty at 9.30 ...after BB ...

when I try to enter my password the sky app closes :(...

Old 26-01-2007, 09:36 PM

pinksteady is on a distinguished road
I agree perhaps we should carry on with the Sky chat in a new thread, and leave this for the dual sim adapter discussion, which is important and deserves a thread on it!

(p.s. I can't get the tv guide on my n80 to show up, it just shows the info screen saying register, which i've already done, and if i press ok it hangs - oops sorry couldn't resist it)

Old 27-01-2007, 12:09 AM

jedi134 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
I get sky one with TV live app, along with discovery and sky news free...but the sound is a little dodgy, may be my internet connection though so would be good if somebody else could check ..

But I think x2srj is using this http://anytime.sky.com/
yup my sound is dodgy too, very jumpy
Nokia N80 (01)

Old 27-01-2007, 12:39 AM

steffi is on a distinguished road
I remember when I was in thailand folks had these for the older Nokia phones but my question is that if you have it active on SIM B can you receive a call on SIM A? I'm guessing this thing works and call waiting doesn't exist when you have a setup like this?

Old 27-01-2007, 07:43 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post
I remember when I was in thailand folks had these for the older Nokia phones but my question is that if you have it active on SIM B can you receive a call on SIM A? I'm guessing this thing works and call waiting doesn't exist when you have a setup like this?
From what I understand this is not possible, its not like having 2 lines on one phone, its an "either or" situation.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM

aurium_uk is on a distinguished road
Just a thought, whats the rough time it takes to be able to make a call after u choose to switch to the other sim?

I have a work and a personal phone, but divert my work calls to my N80.

Would be cool to use this but I might need to make a call on the work phone in a hurry.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:00 PM

pinksteady is on a distinguished road
It's pretty quick, I'd say no more than 20 seconds, if that.

Old 22-02-2007, 10:34 AM

aurium_uk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksteady View Post
Can someone give me advice on this too:
Check out these 2 websites:

thephonefinder.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=supersim

and

formymobile.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=supersim

Different companies but websites look EXACTLY the same!! Very different prices too! Do you think this is dodgy?

They are the same company (Check out the 'contact' section) but the cheaper one is the wholesale side. Try to buy something and you will see that they specify you need a minimum quantity of 50 items to enable you to order.

Hope this clears things up (I got doubtful at first too)

Old 01-05-2007, 02:11 PM

rmarcus is on a distinguished road
Do you have to confirm each time you change SIM cards? Cause I set to auto-switch but since it keeps asking me to confirm the switch, it's not very pratical.
Any thoughts?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:43 AM

x2srj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Do you have to confirm each time you change SIM cards? Cause I set to auto-switch but since it keeps asking me to confirm the switch, it's not very pratical.
Any thoughts?
don't have auto on, just switch using the application when you need too...

Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM

access_denied is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same problem, want to set it to switch sims once an hour for a couple of minutes to pick up missed calls and text messages then switch back.

Each time it switches it asks "allow sim update ?"

Have tried changing, tools, settings, security, phone and sim, confirm sim services, to 'No' but this makes no difference.

Does any one know a way to stop this or another dual sim adaptor that doesn't do this ?

Regards

AD

Old 21-05-2007, 03:05 PM

Zouk! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2srj View Post
I'm not in one way telling you to purchase from this supplier; this is just reference for what adapter I used!!

formymobile.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=supersim
Hello everybody,

I don't understand i have exactly bought this one, I'm in France, and just received it today.
I followed carefully all instructions, all, guess....it's not working at all
(I have tried a lot of things, only GSM, dual mode, disabled all pin code, disabled phone code...etc)
And all what I get is a "Sim Card Rejected" every time, I have checked both sim card one by one, and they works perfectly.

Something strange, all non destructive dual sim adapter on this site are referenced incompatible with N80 : simore.ch/fr/accessoires_pour_mobiles/Nokia/N80.html

But if you can use the one on your link which i got, I don't see any reasons for do not be able to use it too with mine.

So do you have any idea ?

RM92
Nokia N80 (536.01)

Old 21-05-2007, 03:11 PM

x2srj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouk! View Post
Hello everybody,

I don't understand i have exactly bought this one, I'm in France, and just received it today.
I followed carefully all instructions, all, guess....it's not working at all
(I have tried a lot of things, only GSM, dual mode, disabled all pin code, disabled phone code...etc)
And all what I get is a "Sim Card Rejected" every time, I have checked both sim card one by one, and they works perfectly.

Something strange, all non destructive dual sim adapter on this site are referenced incompatible with N80 : simore.ch/fr/accessoires_pour_mobiles/Nokia/N80.html

But if you can use the one on your link which i got, I don't see any reasons for do not be able to use it too with mine.

So do you have any idea ?

RM92
Nokia N80 (536.01)
All I can say it's that not the one I use... so I can't comment on theirs...

Old 26-05-2007, 10:43 PM

deadkenny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraband View Post
dual sim uses are good... way better than carrying 2 phones around but not as good as having 2 lines incoming.
True, but 2 lines requires the same operator.

I've got a situation where for certain reasons I can only use a Vodafone sim at a particular location, but I can't stand Vodafone. I prefer to use Orange (and stick with my legacy contract plan), so I have an Orange contract sim and a Vodafone PAYG, and swap between them. I have my calls forwarded from Orange to the Vodafone line if there's no connection to the Orange line, so I get inbound calls on the same number whatever sim.

On top of that, thanks to Orange's backwards policy on contracts where you can't get a 3G contract sim without buying an Orange branded phone (mine's an unbranded sim free N80), so the Vodafone PAYG also serves as a 3G sim (though I have an Orange PAYG 3G sim too. Daft isn't it. Yes you can have 3G PAYG, but no you can't have 3G contract. Can I transfer the contract to the PAYG sim? No ).

Just wish Orange would hurry up with their deal to use Vodafone cells.

Anyway, as for these dual sim adapters. Could someone post a photo of the N80 with the adapter and two sim cards in? I'm interested in how these fit as surely there's no room for it and I'd be concerned about potential damage to the phone or battery.

Are there any that guarantee N80 compatibility? I've seen the ones where you cut up your sims that list N80 compatibility, but not sure about these.

Old 14-11-2007, 12:41 PM

J-Ho is on a distinguished road
I've just purchased a Super Ghost dual sim adapter and am having a few issues with the N80.

When I turn the phone on, it's as though there is no sim inserter and there is no extra sim option in "My Own".

Any hints on fitting this thing?

Cheers.

UPDATE:

So, I've figured it out. I have a Vodafone sim and an O2 sim in the adapter. The Vodafone one seems to works fine, but when I switch to the O2 sim it says "SIM card registration failed" and then "Insert SIM". Rebooting the phone has no effect. The only way I can get out of this is to switch the sims around so that next time it starts up, the Vodafone SIM is used.

I've tried with 2 Vodafone 3G sims and it works perfectly. The O2 sim without the adapter works perfectly, the O2 sim in the adapter with no other sim also doesn't work and I've also tried using GSM only mode with no luck.

Any clues? Anyone else had this issue?

Cheers.

Last edited by J-Ho; 14-11-2007 at 03:52 PM.