All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 22-10-2009, 08:36 AM

jko is on a distinguished road
backlight

hi
the lcd screen on my nokia n95 8gb has recently been replaced by my insurance company.
since i got it back the backlight on the lcd screen will not turn off in conjunction with the rest of the light's
(just stays on all the time!)
any help would be appreciated
thx

Old 13-03-2010, 08:40 PM

vostro is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hello Rafe,

I donít know if it has been discussed before but I was not able to find it. I recently switched from HTC windows phone to Nokia N95 8GB (used). I upgraded the system software to latest one.

I do not have a data plan. It connects smoothly to wifi & I am able to use nokia messaging service. The problem starts when I move out of one wifi network to another (home to office). The wifi icon shows connected even if I am well away from the wifi network & then if I try to go in wifi settings to try to disconnect manually, the wifi manager & connection manager hangs, often the whole phone hangs & eventually I have to pull off the battery. If I donít pull battery off, the phone heats up & drains the battery very very quickly.
Wifi management was much better with windows phone & worked like PC connecting to whatever (saved) wifi network available, and seamlessly switching networks.

Secondly is there a way to stop every application asking for access point & automatically connect to whatever wifi network available (like windows).

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these issues.

Thanks
Ads

Old 22-03-2010, 03:09 PM

erehman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
So if you got any questions about the Nokia N95 I'll do my best to answer as we go in this thread.

You can also read the N95 preview here:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/featu...mpressions.php
When I open the rear camera of my N95 for taking photos, I can see a lot of area covered in the photo but when I turn the mode to video, I observe that the camera gets a bit zoomed in. I mean the camera in video mode seems to be zoomed in one step as compared to the camera in photo mode. In video mode the object gets a bit bigger. Recently I bought two Nokia 5230 sets, and there is no difference in the area covered in photo mode or video mode and I see their videos are alot more better than my N95.
I want to ask is it possible that the zoom in (automatic) be disabled in video mode. I want the camera should show same area in view finder, and in actual, in video and photo modes. Why is it so that objects automatically zooms in a bit when we switch over to video mode?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 PM

LCG-Robert is on a distinguished road
Google maps associaiton on PhotoBook
LCG PhotoBook is handy photo viewer to display digital photo images taken with your mobile camera, cell phone or downloaded from PC.

Application contains a graphic photo browser and photo viewer which allow you to preview, zoom, slideshow and many other functionalities. It supports Google maps, so you can open in details the GPS tags with Google Maps mobile or with mobile phone web browser.

This new application from Lonely Cat Games is developed for Symbian platforms and Windows mobile compatible operating systems.

LCG Photo Book is one of the top 10 smartphone apps for Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, LG ... of the year 2010. This software is cheap and handy.
LCG PhotoBook FREE 14 day trial version with all of the available features.
http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=photobook