All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-01-2007, 08:16 AM

hannick is on a distinguished road
950i sync with Lotus Organiser - how to do it?

The Sony Ericsson PC suite 3.1.1 sync software works beautifully with Lotus Organiser v6 on my P800.

Having now upgraded to a W950i I find I cannot sync with Lotus Organizer any more, despite the help file on the sync software referring to it. I have installed the latest version of PC suite for smartphones 1.2.15

Has anyone got sync on a 950i to work with Lotus Organiser?

I rang Sony Ericsson and they told me it would work but when I asked them how, as in settings nothing appears to allow me to select Organiser they said they would "ring me back" and still haven't done so.

The help section within PC suite 1.2.15 refers to synchronising with Organiser, but the spec doesn't.

So, either it simply doesn't work and is not intended to work, or my PC is failing to recognise that Lotus Organiser is installed and therefore doesn't show it as a choice to sync with.

The phone's going to have to be sent back if it doesn't work, or if there isn't a third party solution to help me.

Has anyone else managed to do this, and if so, please tell me how!

Regards

Old 18-01-2007, 12:00 PM

hannick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannick View Post
The Sony Ericsson PC suite 3.1.1 sync software works beautifully with Lotus Organiser v6 on my P800.

Having now upgraded to a W950i I find I cannot sync with Lotus Organizer any more, despite the help file on the sync software referring to it. I have installed the latest version of PC suite for smartphones 1.2.15

Has anyone got sync on a 950i to work with Lotus Organiser?

I rang Sony Ericsson and they told me it would work but when I asked them how, as in settings nothing appears to allow me to select Organiser they said they would "ring me back" and still haven't done so.

The help section within PC suite 1.2.15 refers to synchronising with Organiser, but the spec doesn't.

So, either it simply doesn't work and is not intended to work, or my PC is failing to recognise that Lotus Organiser is installed and therefore doesn't show it as a choice to sync with.

The phone's going to have to be sent back if it doesn't work, or if there isn't a third party solution to help me.

Has anyone else managed to do this, and if so, please tell me how!

Regards
Me again.

Sadly, after a number of calls to Sony Ericsson support and some conflicting advice, I am now advised for certain that the W950i and PC suite 1.2.15 does not support Lotus Organiser.

I''m very confused by this backward step by SE, as my P800 synchronises perfectly with Organiser and many other SE phones work with it, yet the W950i doesn't.

A lost sale to SE then as Nokia PC sync and a Nokia N73 works works with Organiser, so the phone is being exchanged today.

Shame.

Old 24-06-2007, 01:16 PM

DerekP is on a distinguished road
You could export to Outlook, then use sony s/w

My company uses a product called "onebridge" however, I keep my personal notes/950 aligned *FREE* by exporting my calendar to an ICS file from Notes.

Importing it to Outlook and using the supplied software from Sony to update my phone.

OK its not exactly seamless but it is totally free (assumming you have M$ Office already) and it works!!
Ads