All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N80

Old 06-12-2006, 09:51 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungjaevel
I can't seem to connect to TruPhone... do I need to open any ports in the firewall?

I think 5060 needs to be open

Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM

Ungjaevel is on a distinguished road
F*ck. Doesn't work. I've tried the "automatic connect"-tips you gave us in this thread... the four squares go all white for a couple of seconds, then gets hollow and stays that way.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungjaevel
F*ck. Doesn't work. I've tried the "automatic connect"-tips you gave us in this thread... the four squares go all white for a couple of seconds, then gets hollow and stays that way.

Any suggestions?
Not sure, I find it tempremental also, is there an open hotspot, or maybe a friends has wifi that you can test, that way you will know if the problem is with your network or not ..

Old 06-12-2006, 11:09 AM

Fixed.

Changed från UDP protocol to TCP, restarted the phone a few times and voila!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Getting TRUPHONE working perfectly without the Truphone wizard software.

Having initially set up Truphone using the wizard I realized it put lots of unnecessary crap on my phone that I didn't want and also connected to my network when ever it wanted to.

Of course this annoyed me somewhat so here is what I did to get round it.

1 - First uninstall the Truphone wizard, you don't need this program to connect to Truphone. You should be able to find it (if you haven't moved it) in the My Own folder just highlight and click 'C' to uninstall.

2 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Access Points

Here you will that truphone have added extra access points to allow it to connect to your network

remove any access points that truphone have set up, make sure you don't delete any access points you have created for your WiFi/Wlan or your phone providers access points.

3 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Sip Settings

Here you will find the settings for your VOIP connections. (you may have more than one set of Truphone settings if so delete them so you are left with just one set of truphone settings)

a - Highlight the Truphone settings and click.
b - scroll to 'Default Access Point' and click, select your WiFi/Wlan access point
c - scroll down to 'Registration' and click , select 'when needed'

Click 'back' to exit.

4 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Internet tel. settings

If you a have an item 'TruVoip' in this menu, click options delete.

next click Options/New Profile and select your Truphone sip setting, then change name to TruVoip.

click 'back' to exit

Ok you should now have all the settings correct.

Click 'Menu' and goto the 'Internet' folder, click on 'Internet tel.'

after it has discovered services the name at the top of the screen should say 'TruVoip' (if it doesn't see * below) click on the name of you Wlan/Wifi network to connect to TruPhone.

*If you have more than one VOIP provider, you will need to click 'Options/Change Service' to select which provider to connect to.

You should now be connected to Truphone, if you have more than one provider you will the option to connect to them as well, click ok or cancel depending on whether you want to.

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Last edited by Ratkat; 06-12-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Aha!

Dear Truphone customer,

We can see that you have recently downloaded Truphone.

You may have experienced an error when trying to setup Truphone due to a
technical difficulty we have experienced.

This has since been resolved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please re-run the Truphone wizard to setup Truphone on your phone.

You will not need to reinstall your Truphone settings unless you've deleted them.

If this is the case please log into your Truphone account and download the
settings and wizard file from there.

If you have any further queries please reply to this email for assistance.

Regards,

The Truphone Support Team

Old 06-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkat
Getting TRUPHONE working perfectly without the Truphone wizard software.

Having initially set up Truphone using the wizard I realized it put lots of unnecessary crap on my phone that I didn't want and also connected to my network when ever it wanted to.

Of course this annoyed me somewhat so here is what I did to get round it.

1 - First uninstall the Truphone wizard, you don't need this program to connect to Truphone. You should be able to find it (if you haven't moved it) in the My Own folder just highlight and click 'C' to uninstall.

2 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Access Points

Here you will that truphone have added extra access points to allow it to connect to your network

remove any access points that truphone have set up, make sure you don't delete any access points you have created for your WiFi/Wlan or your phone providers access points.

3 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Sip Settings

Here you will find the settings for your VOIP connections. (you may have more than one set of Truphone settings if so delete them so you are left with just one set of truphone settings)

a - Highlight the Truphone settings and click.
b - scroll to 'Default Access Point' and click, select your WiFi/Wlan access point
c - scroll down to 'Registration' and click , select 'when needed'

Click 'back' to exit.

4 - Go to Tools/Settings/Connection/Internet tel. settings

If you a have an item 'TruVoip' in this menu, click options delete.

next click Options/New Profile and select your Truphone sip setting, then change name to TruVoip.

click 'back' to exit

Ok you should now have all the settings correct.

Click 'Menu' and goto the 'Internet' folder, click on 'Internet tel.'

after it has discovered services the name at the top of the screen should say 'TruVoip' (if it doesn't see * below) click on the name of you Wlan/Wifi network to connect to TruPhone.

*If you have more than one VOIP provider, you will need to click 'Options/Change Service' to select which provider to connect to.

You should now be connected to Truphone, if you have more than one provider you will the option to connect to them as well, click ok or cancel depending on whether you want to.

Nice guide, but it doesnt work for me, I just get message unable to connect :(, all the settings are there, but the only way I can connect is with the truphone wizard.

Dont ask me why ...

Old 06-12-2006, 06:51 PM

dunarea is on a distinguished road
Are you guys using truphone on N80? If yes, how did you get it? I tried Truphone website and it doesn't seem to be out yet for N series.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:53 PM

Truphone and call forwarding,

I have noticed some charges for call forwarding (these are actually going to my voicmail at the moment because I dont currently have a UK sim in my mobile), that I wasnt actually expecting.

I noticed that there is no way that call forwarding can be turned off and thus any calls forwarded when not in a wifi spot for me I will be charged for.

I queired this with the Truphone team and have been told that the only way that this can be turned of is to submit a support request via the "my account" page.

Just though I would warn in case others get unexpected charges..

Old 06-12-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunarea
Are you guys using truphone on N80? If yes, how did you get it? I tried Truphone website and it doesn't seem to be out yet for N series.
you can only use it with the N80i at the moment, not the standard N80...the only way for you to get it now is to upgrade your firmware to the N80i firmware

Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 PM

jfant1 is on a distinguished road
N80 / N80 ie

Hi. Despite all the success stories of people flashing their N80's to IE, I am not personally comfortable enough risking my phone as I have never heard of phoenix and all the other apps mentioned. Are these VOIP providers bringing in versions for the standard N80 or did we buy too early and should have held out for the IE version ?

Old 06-12-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfant1
Hi. Despite all the success stories of people flashing their N80's to IE, I am not personally comfortable enough risking my phone as I have never heard of phoenix and all the other apps mentioned. Are these VOIP providers bringing in versions for the standard N80 or did we buy too early and should have held out for the IE version ?
Tivi is the only way at the moment you can use voip with the N80, all others use the Sip client that is built into the N80i

Tivi is ok but is not integrated into the way the N80 works, its a standalone app with its own phonebook, wheras truphone and gizmo for example are more integrated into the N80i and thus use the existing phonebook.

if you want true sip voip then you need to upgrade to N80i firmware, or buy an N80i

But its worth trying tivi, you may find that works fine for you ..

Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 PM

dunarea is on a distinguished road
I've already updated my phone to N80 Internet Edition, how can i get Truphone? I sent a text to the number on their website, received the text with the link but it said it's not available for my phone. Can you guys upload it somewhere if you have it?
Ads

Old 06-12-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I've already updated my phone to N80 Internet Edition, how can i get Truphone? I sent a text to the number on their website, received the text with the link but it said it's not available for my phone. Can you guys upload it somewhere if you have it?
its not possible to do that because you need a configuration file also specific to you ..

Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Did you use this number

SMS/Text the word to ‘Tru’ +44 7624 000 000