I just picked up a E50 from a local dealer and have a few questions:
1) I get a "click" or "tick" sometimes when talking on the phone. I though it might be happening only when I'm in the car and the moving was causing the noise but it also happens when talking in office. It's almost sounds like cell tower hand off...or digital noise...but it very annoying. I have not experienced this before.
The tick is not always present but happens every few seconds. The first time I heard I asked the person on the other side if they were opening a tin can or something.
Any feedback would be appreciated - I want to make sure it's not a defect in the phone.
2) I can't seem to get the local time to update correctly....it updates then reverts back to some other time?? Weird? I'm using Auto Time update.
2) Battery life - I charged the phone fully over night..make few calls from the car while driving into the office and I'm down to 3 bars on the battery meter...whats that all about????
1. Known bug. Hopefully firmware will fix it. But most likely is a hardware issue, like the earpiece heating up.
2. Again known bug reported by several people. Not yet happened to me, but I have not yet re-started the phone after changing the setting. Firmware update (god knows when Nokia will release it) should fix it.
3. Battery life is quite good actually. Allow a few charge/re-charge cycles to complete. Ensure all applications are closed/exited. I found leaving contacts or log running in the background ate up quite a bit of power and really did not make much of a speed difference. If at all, the apps are faster being started each time. Same goes for any autolock/keypad lock app. It really eats power. With heavy to moderate use, I get 3 days between charges, which is a day better than my 7610 (the battery is the same).