All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-11-2006, 09:21 AM

livfc is on a distinguished road
Memory Card Corrupted Message

I have a 2gb memory card which has worked fine for several months, however I now get the message "memory card corrupted" whenever I try to access it using Tools > Memory Card. I have tried to format the card using the phone but I get the same error message and loading the card on my computer using a card reader just freezes my computer.

I had done a reset of the phone using *#7370# and was transfering files to the phone just before it happened.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might get the use of my card back!?

Cheers,

Matt

Old 05-11-2006, 09:36 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
You have donne all, from software side. So, maybe the card is corrupt Try another card, and see if the phone works fine.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:06 AM

I tried my original Nokia MMC and that works fine. I'm gutted if I need to buy a new 2gb card!

Would be very grateful to hear of any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Matt

Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by livfc
I tried my original Nokia MMC and that works fine. I'm gutted if I need to buy a new 2gb card!

Would be very grateful to hear of any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Matt
surely if your card is less than 1 year old then you can return it a s faulty and get a replacement for free..

Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 PM

Yes, change the crd on garantee. One works well, the other said is damaged, maybe because is relly damaged.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:52 PM

entwisi is on a distinguished road
What firmware is on your phone. I had this problem a lot on v3 firmware but since I upgraded to v4 generic its hasn't done it once.

type *#0000# to find teh firmware version

Old 06-11-2006, 04:04 PM

gierach is on a distinguished road
what's the brand of your card??

i had kingston and it was exactly the same

now i have transcend 2gb and it works great...
Ads

Old 06-11-2006, 08:36 PM

I bought the card from ebay. I guess its wortha shout asking for a replacement card but maybe less likely to have joy given that its not a big retailer. Not too sure what the make of the card is - theres no branding on the card - probably a dodgy one from Asia! Nevertheless its worked perfectly since June until now.

My firmware is the latest .42 version. Ive had the problems since I did a full reset (#7370) with the memory card still in. I didnt notice a problem until later I transferred some files onto it and half way through I got an error message and its been unusable ever since. I'm thinking its got something to do with the reset but I cant figure out a way to even wipe the card clean.

Any other ideas would be greatly received.

Cheers,

Matt

Old 07-11-2006, 02:15 AM

Ravalert is on a distinguished road
maybe u can search the net for mmc medic and try the software which force format on a corrupted card.

you may also try to format the card using a digital camera, mp3 player, or such a gadget of any sort. sometimes, it jus work that way.

CHeers!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:18 PM

VJ_UK is on a distinguished road
Format via a PC

Have you attemtped to format the miniSD card using a PC? You may need a card reader to connect it to your PC.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:24 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by livfc
I bought the card from ebay. I guess its wortha shout asking for a replacement card but maybe less likely to have joy given that its not a big retailer. Not too sure what the make of the card is - theres no branding on the card - probably a dodgy one from Asia! Nevertheless its worked perfectly since June until now.

My firmware is the latest .42 version. Ive had the problems since I did a full reset (#7370) with the memory card still in. I didnt notice a problem until later I transferred some files onto it and half way through I got an error message and its been unusable ever since. I'm thinking its got something to do with the reset but I cant figure out a way to even wipe the card clean.

Any other ideas would be greatly received.

Cheers,

Matt
nearly all cards you buy off ebay are fake and are not reliable, just because it worked ok for a few months doesnt mean its a good card, as you have fortunately found out.....I think also the chances of you getting a refund are slim, but worth a try.

with mem cards always buy branded from a reputable company...you get what you pay for I am afraid.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:44 PM

I had the same problem on N80 with one card of 2Gb! But that same card had worked well on N73 for several months... I check the firmware of N80, and there is 3.xx. Another problem, is card missing, when inside phone... I do a firmware upgrade for the last one, and all problems gonne. So a good advice for all, is put N80 on 4.0623.0.42.