All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-10-2006, 03:15 AM

eggyacid is on a distinguished road
Nokia N80 Questions, Please HELP

Okay...

I had just returned my Nokia E70 back to Nokiausa and I'm buying a Nokia N80 Black. I want the black one so I had to purchased it on ebay.

here are few of my questions.
1. If it's a Hong Kong model, will I still be able to update the firmware on nokia website? or is that for U.S Model only?
2. If something happened to my phone during the firmware update, will Nokia USA cover it? or if any warranty issue comes along, will they honor the warranty?
3. The reason I return E70 it's because it's a bit big and slow. I know N80 is smaller, but how about the speed?

Thanks
Ads

Old 19-10-2006, 08:56 AM

slammin is on a distinguished road
Hi there, i'm guessing the answer to updating the firmware will probably be no sorry, unless it is a completely unbranded one, maybe someone else will know and could tell you. I've not used an e70 but i'm guessing the n80 is just as slow cos it aint really fast. Hope next year the ones with the fast processors wil do their job well!

Old 19-10-2006, 08:57 AM

slammin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyacid
Okay...

I had just returned my Nokia E70 back to Nokiausa and I'm buying a Nokia N80 Black. I want the black one so I had to purchased it on ebay.

here are few of my questions.
1. If it's a Hong Kong model, will I still be able to update the firmware on nokia website? or is that for U.S Model only?
2. If something happened to my phone during the firmware update, will Nokia USA cover it? or if any warranty issue comes along, will they honor the warranty?
3. The reason I return E70 it's because it's a bit big and slow. I know N80 is smaller, but how about the speed?

Thanks
Hi there, i'm guessing the answer to updating the firmware will probably be no sorry, unless it is a completely unbranded one, maybe someone else will know and could tell you. I've not used an e70 but i'm guessing the n80 is just as slow cos it aint really fast. Hope next year the ones with the fast processors wil do their job well!