All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N80

Old 14-09-2006, 05:42 PM

RVD72 is on a distinguished road
free app to send videos/pics to myspace/xanga/friendster/etc

to the admins, if this kind of post is not allowed people feel free to delete it. i have no intention of doing anything wrong here.

i work for a company that writes mobile apps. we have a free app (not a trial or anything like that...it's free period). we have been working for the past 10 months on writing this app. it allows you to take pictures, record audio, record video directly from our downloadable app and automatically post it up to our website.

we also give everyone a piece of embed code that they can put into their account on myspace, xanga, friendster, and a bunch of other sites and your pictures and videos will automatically show up on those sites also.

the app basically allows people to take pictures and videos from their phone and share them on our website. other users can view your pictures and videos from their phone or the website or any other site that you have embedded our code. i guess it's kind of like youtube + myspace with everything done on mobile. you take a video with your n80 on cingular and a guy with a motorola razr on verizon can view the same video streamed a few minutes later (transcoding happens in those few minutes).

i have tested the app on the n80 on cingular and t-mobile and it seems to work. i have also tested the app in europe on orange.

it is a j2me app right now but i do want to build a symbian version of the same app. i'm not really sure what the port to symbian will get me (since everything seems to work in j2me) but i'm guessing the tighter integration with the phone OS will make the app faster. we had to write a special n80 build using the jsr 135 specification for the camera integration. we also have generic midp1 and midp2 builds that do not have the embedded camera functionaly (so you can create text but not pictures). we have special builds (with embedded camera) for the nokia 6682, n70, n80, and n90. we also have builds for other non-nokia handsets (samsung, sanyo etc...but i'm guessing you guys don't care about those).

i'd be happy to discuss any of the technical details if anyone is interested.

like i said, it is a free app and you just need to sign up at www.juicecaster.com. if you are an international customer, i'd be happy to send you the app but you will need to work with me directly as our site is not really enabled for international signup.

you will need a data connection because the app connects to our server to get the latest information, stream videos, etc.

RVD.
Ads

Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 AM

marmaduke80 is on a distinguished road
thanks trying now